Surprise

Sort of rewrote and added to the middle to end of this chapter, if you have read before it ends slightly differently and you may want to reread, if not enjoy, vote and comment, x 

The Background of Evie Smith - Growing up she was very shy and quiet, keeping a small group of friends and staying to herself. She learned to blend into the crowd quite young so she had perfected the art of being a wallflower by the time she had got to high school, never standing out and getting the highest or lowest grades, never being the only one to hand her homework in or volunteer for things.

She left school with good grades and moved a couple hours away just a few short months after being accepted to college. One by one her friends stopped contacting her as she wasn't one to start a conversation and only having limited things to say to the people she was meant to be friends with. Her parents worried about her timidness hoping she was going to grow out of it with age, the signed her up to therapy where she allowed herself to open up and resonate with another person who wouldn't judge her, she simply said she was quiet and needed time to get to know people. After seeing how frustrated her parents got with her lack of friends and companions she vowed to be more outgoing and loud. 

For her 22nd birthday Evie's parents bought her a plane ticket and hotel room in Connecticut telling her not to worry about them and to explore and enjoy her life. She questioned the lack of a return ticket in her mind but thanked them anyways looking at the strange gift, wondering why Connecticut and how they were able to afford to pay for a vacation for her.  Two days later she found herself at the airport looking at her boarding pass wondering whether it was the right thing to do, flight 243 to Connecticut boarding at gate 73 flashed up on the airport screen. 

She shuffled forwards anxiously waiting in the queue up to the plane, she had never been on a plane before and found every bad thing that could happen like someone taking over the palne, or someone dying onboard, or an engine setting on fire rushing through her head, Never the less she stepped through the door of the plane, looking down at the tiny gap between the tunnel ramp and the plane, in her head she knew she couldnt fall through it but she still made sure to take a wide step over it and hastily sat in her seat, tightening her seatbelt around her. 

'Hi I think I'm in the seat next to you' a girl said to Evie, she just smiled back and moved her knees to the side to allow her to get past. The woman sat down and smiled to Evie 'You look nervous are you okay' the girl questioned kindly 'First time flying' Evie responded quietly as if anyone overheard they would laugh at her 'Oooh okay that explains it, you'll be fine, why are you flying to Connecticut' she asked 'My parents bought me a flight for my birthday other than that i don't really know, how about you' Evie talked back, not allowing her nerves to get the better of her and cut the conversation short 'I'm here for work, I announce shows and commentate things, its quite a fun job cause it lets me fly and make friends around the world, not that you would enjoy the flying, oh I'm Sarah by the way' It took Evie a second to reply but she did 'Sounds fun, I'd love to do something like that but I'd just be too quiet' she laughed 'Im Evie' Sarah nodded in acknowledgment 'I was shy like you but i took vocal lessons and classes on how to commentate and stuff so now i have the confidence to do what i love, i can give you some numbers if you want to think further into it, there's also a convention on in town if you want the address' Sarah explained 'Yes please, have you announced anything i would know' she poked. 'I've been a ring announcer for WWE, announced Coachella and been commentators on quite a few shows' Sarah said 'That's cool, ill have to look into it'  Evie said. 

By the end of the flight Evie already felt more confident in herself and started to realise that she didn't have to work her shitty office job and she could do whatever she wanted in life, she just needed to have more faith in herself. Promising to keep in touch with Sarah and keep trying as she believed i would do great things if i just believe in myself. The rest of the day was ablur; as she left the plane, got her suitcase and arrived at her hotel, only letting it hit her once she was laid in bed that she was in a random country with no plans and a new outlook at life. 

She pulled the scrumpled up note out of her pocket and scanned over it, scribbled across the torn out page was Sarah's details and the convention along with its address, she had also scribbled believe in yourself you can do it along the bottom, Evie smiled putting it on the side table of the hotel room. She found herself quickly unpacking and grabbing her computer, before she realised it she was googling speech coaches in Connecticut and noting numbers that she was going to call. 

She unpacked the rest of her belongings, neatly folding them and hanging the clothes in the cramped little closet. Grabbing her pyjamas in the form of an old baggy t-shirt and shorts, got changed, putting her dirty clothes in a pile on the bathroom floor and jumping into bed, realising how comfy and soft the bedsheets were and how she just sunk into the mattress. Soon enough she drifted into sleep, thinking about the newfound faith she had in herself. 

To be continued - Written 18/4