Testing

Moments later her phone pinged, Evie picked it up anxiously, hoping Sarah wasn't just being polite and secretly hoping she didn't contact her 'Hey Evie, yea I'm pretty much free all day, I was going to message you but realised i didn't grab your number, Meet at the Cozy Cafe at 1?' she messaged back, Evie responded 'okay see you there'. She rushed over to her bathroom taking a look at the state of her, looking at her dark eye bags from jetlag combined with the lack of sleep and her thrown together outfit. 

She gathered her clothes, going with a simple pair of blue straight leg jeans and white cropped t-shirt, she also pulled out a grey faded tartan print jacket. She moved her pair of white air force 1s closest to the door and pulled a matching silver Vivienne Westwood bracelet and necklace out of her makeup bag, taking her a few minutes to untangle them after just throwing them in when packing. 

Evie jumped in the shower shuddering at the pool of cold water refusing to go down the drain, she relaxed in the shower for a while, feeling silly but practising her breathing exercises, after she was clean, calm and smelling of vanilla she turned the shower off and wrapped the fluffy towel around her. 

Once she was dressed, she brushed and styled her hair, choosing to leave half down and pin half up in a small silver rectangular clip, she finished her makeup making sure to triple check she looked okay before meeting her new friend. She checked her phone charge, sprayed one last puff of her perfume and left the room, locking it on the way out. She walked down the stairs and to the front of the hotel, sitting down on the lobby as she ordered herself an Uber, 4 minutes away. Evie took some time to look around the hotel, quickly realising that she is always so stuck in her own head that she doesn't stop and appreciate the things around her. 

The hotel had a beautiful yet modest sparkly chandelier hung above the check in desk and beige chairs with grey and white pattered cushions neatly placed on it, she sat down and watched as the world hurried by around her, a constant stream of people checking in, walking in and out of the hotel and workers hurrying with platters of food, freshly folded sheets and guests suitcases, she noticed her Uber pulling up outside. 

She thanked the man as he dropped her off at the Cafe, closing the door after hearing him ramble on about five stars and promising to rate him, she entered the building feeling uneasy but her confidence growing as she saw Sarah sat in the corner waving at her. A beige bag sat neatly by her feet, she had a grey coat hung over the back of her chair and nursing a pink teacup in her hands, she smiled as she spotted Evie in the entrance of the cafe.

'Hi Evie' she greeted as the small girl took a seat opposite her, smiling at the waitress who walked over asking what she wanted, after ordering her latte she turned to her new friend, 'Hello Sarah' she greeted back, 'how have you been' she asked 'good actually, how about you' she conversed looking over at the girl sat Infront of her 'yea I've been good, I'm glad you messaged actually, i only realised i didn't have your number once id left the airport' she chuckled, Evie joined 'I know i was so wrapped up in the conversation i completely forgot' she said back. 'So you were thinking about going to the convention' Sarah looked at Evie hopefully 'Yes i took your advice and i actually booked vocal lessons' she looked at Sarah proudly, thankful she had shown her. 'Oooh when's your first one' she questioned 'It was this morning actually, whilst i didn't overly did much we did exercises and breathing exercises and stuff like that' her smile beamed to the woman opposite her 'Oh my that's amazing congratulations, i knew you could do it, like i said you just have to trust yourself'

'Yes I'm so glad that i took your advice, whilst its only been one session i already feel more confident and are booked in Wednesday starting next week' Sarah smiled kindly at the girl already noticing her change in attitude 'So i was hoping if I'm still able to i could go to the convention' she looked over hopefully 'Course you can, I'm glad you said you want to cause i have no one else to go with anyway' she laughed before continuing 'Its this Saturday and Sunday'. 'That's great, ill get an Uber and meet you there' Evie said 'Don't be silly I can drive you' Sarah offered 'I don't want to be any trouble' Evie countered, 'Its really no problem i need a car buddy anyway, its boring driving by myself' she laughed 'Message me your address and ill pick you up, is 10am okay its about a half an hour drive' she confirmed 'yes that's fine, only if your okay with it though, i can get a taxi' Evie offered for a final time, 'Yes its really no problem' Sarah explained kindly smiling at Evie. 

The two new friends sat and talked in the café for many hours, getting to know many facts about one another until they felt like they had known each other for years, finally splitting up with Sarah offering to drive Evie to her hotel and not letting her refuse. Outside the entrance to the hotel Evie thanked Sarah and asked one final question before going inside. 'Is there any dress code to these things', Sarah chuckled and just said 'Wear something neutral and comfortable, you end up doing quite a bit of walking but its all indoors so don't bring a coat, they just get annoying to carry' she informed her, Evie thanked her for the ride and retreated to her hotel room, getting changed and watching Netflix until she fell asleep. 

19/4