Chapter 48: "There is no beast more cruel than man"

TRIGGER WARNING

Terry POV

I stay hidden in the shadows behind the bedroom door, listening for the noises coming from downstairs. I left in one room the wire, and now I can hear Alexa and everybody else slowly going, saying their goodbyes. She speaks loud, so I don't have problems distinguishing her words.

The door gets open and then closed, steps are slowly disappearing, and I hope he will soon be left alone in here and come to me lured like the animal. Yet my hope crushes cause we are not left in the house alone.

I bite my lips, clearly hearing muffled screams and noises of struggling, fuck... Each dent in my plan will make it more challenging to execute it properly. But I no longer have much more time to dwell on it because the screams and struggles are coming closer.

I look slightly through the ajar door and spot him in the dim light in the corridor. I recognize him from the photos I was shown by his Beta. He is big, challenging, and yet his eyes seem empty. I see the scar on his neck, where Ivory protected herself from him.

He is moving, dragging after him a girl with long hair, the same one I saw carrying the soup to the dining room earlier this evening.

He throws her to the carpet, screaming:

"Quiet whore!"

"Please, please," she cries as he kicks her in the stomach and kneels before her.

Fuck, he is standing face to the door. I'm currently hiding, which is a disadvantage for me. Fuck I had to modify most of my plan unless I choose to wait for him to start raping her.

I stand behind the door, the room is pitch dark, but I have my night vision devise. I throw one of the jewelry boxes into the window because the sun blinds are outside, the glass in the windows breaks, and the noise is quite significant.

He bursts through the door, still dragging the crying girl behind him, keeping his hand in her hair. And here is when my plan once again cracks because I was sure he would run directly to the bed and his dead wife, but to my surprise, he runs towards the door, I presume to a walk-in closet, and check if it is locked.

I have some time to take a look at how big he is and yet how tired and unhealthy he looks; the girl is crying, curled on the floor, as he turns around and spits:

"Get on hands and knees, bitch!"

"Alpha, please, please," she begs as he comes closer, slaps her, and starts hovering over her, trying to separate her knees. She listens to him and cries but doesn't try to fight him.

I wait as he kneels and starts unzipping his pants, and I decide to strike. Standing behind him, I throw my silver chain around his neck, but unfortunately, he hears me and manages to save his life, raising one of his arms. My chain is wrapped around his neck and one arm. I pull it as strongly as I can, smelling burns on his skin, yet he makes no sound. He jerks his body pushing me into the wall with his back. I feel the hit and cough, but I don't let go. He jerks again, trying to push me off of him, raising his second hand with claws and sinking into my back. I use the blade hidden in one of my boots to stab him in his leg, yet I physically don't have a chance.

He throws me off, but because I pull the chain harder, he needs a moment to catch his breath and stand up. I land close to the bed and stand up quickly, I don't wait as I throw the cane with wolfbane gas directly into him, yet he manages to push it to the side with his hand. The gas is leaking, and Alpha starts coughing, but since it didn't go directly into his nostrils, the impact of the poison isn't significant. I try to shoot him with my sedative gun, but he shifts and howls loudly, jumping on me. I roll to the side, grabbing the chair, and use it to block his jaws when he lands on me, pushing my back to the floor.