Chapter 12: "Faults are thick where love is thin"

Alexa, warrior of Howl Pack above

Danny POV

My hands are shaking as grip the sink in the bathroom, every inch of my body hurts and I don't know is it because of physical pain or mental pain. My eyes are puffy and red after the whole night of crying. I move around a little to take a good look at my exposed back which is now red and swollen because of Brandon's belt. I had worse from my father's hands and Brandon made sure not to hit me with the belt's buckle but it doesn't make it any less awful.

I don't even remember how our argument started in the car yesterday when he was driving me home. I asked about Fiona, and he kept saying that I imagined things. We quickly lost our cool and I shouted at him calling him a cheating bastard, he pulled over grabbed me by my hair, and hissed in my face:

"You are too full of yourself when you mean nothing you fucking bitch, I'm the warrior, I'm a wolf when you are just a pathetic human trash and I own you and I make sure you learn your place!"

He dragged me into the forest where he tossed me to the ground and kicked me a couple of times in the stomach, next he took his belt and started whipping me on my back and legs but he was careful not to touch my face. I didn't beg or cry for him to stop, just like with my father I lay there waiting for it to be over. The blood was pulsing so strongly in my temples that I wasn't able to hear what he was shouting at me.

Thanks, Goddess Trist was already sleeping when he finally brought me home and Julius wasn't home yet so nobody knows and I'm so happy with it. I haven't felt so ashamed and weak in my whole life, Brandon is my mate and I love him, I must love him and I know he loves me too. He has to love me he is the werewolf so he feels the bond stronger than me, soulmates love each other!

The door gets open and Brandon stands there looking at me and I grip the sink strongly to stop myself from running away as he steps closer and hugs me from behind. I don't make any sound although he touches my bruised body and it hurts, I'm trembling and I can't do anything about it.

I can feel Brandon's wolf and he seems to be in pain, is it because I'm in pain?

"Bruce isn't happy because I punished you," Brandon says" But I hope you understand why I had to do it."

I gulp and don't dare to say anything, thankfully Brandon isn't interested in hearing my answer so I don't have to lie. I've never understood why someone who was supposed to love and protect me chose to hurt me.

Brandon gives me a gentle kiss on my cheek and whispers:

"I love you, Danny, I love you so much, you are mine."

It actually strikes me that it's the first time he has said it. Months ago I would have been the happiest person in the world hearing it, but now honestly want only to cry. He moves his head down and starts sucking on my mate mark, usually, it makes me very horny. When he touches that particular place during the time we have sex being with him is almost enjoyable.

"I need to make breakfast and you have a patrol," I say trying to wriggle out of his arms.

He smirks but lets me go giving my ass a gentle smack:

"Till the evening then," he says and I almost fall to the floor losing all strength in my body, I feel such a big relief he is no longer close to me.

During breakfast both Trist and Julius keep watching me, I'm sure because of my puffy eyes, but both Brandon and I brash off their questions with simple "We had a fight yesterday".

Trist asks me to come to the training ground with him to watch and since I don't want to be alone in the house today I gladly accept. Because I don't want to think about my mate I start thinking about Terry. Seeing him was actually very unexpected, the last time he made any contact with my adoptive parents was 10 years ago. It was also difficult to really call it the contact. He simply made them aware that he was still alive. My mother hoped that he would at least call her soon but that hasn't happened. We talked about him from time to time but with the passing years less and less. We were sure that no matter what Terry would be able to take care of himself.