Chapter 28: "Ask no questions and hear no lies"

Danny POV

After I had lost consciousness in the shower, I woke up in the bedroom with Brandon on top of me.

"Welcome back whore." he said, not stopping thrusting into me; he didn't hold me down, and he didn't have to. I was so numb I couldn't move even if I wanted to.

Brandon's eyes were shifting, and he leaned to suck on my mate mark. This time it caused me pain, I really wanted to push him away, but I was too scared and weak even to try.

When he finished, and rolled off of me and went to clean himself as I tried to get up from the bed. I managed to get downstairs when he left the bathroom and came after me.

He grabbed me by the neck and dragged me back into the bedroom, where he shoved me into the corner of the room and scouted next to me.

"We will have new rules, Danny, you may not like them, but you will obey them," he said. "First, you will not go anywhere without my permission, you will convince everybody that you forgave me and we decided to start over; you will make Bruce happy again. And last, you will tell me who fucked you, but we don't have to hurry up with this one," he smirked, touching my lips." Shhh, no crying baby, I love you so much; Bruce loves you so much we just must make sure you understand it."

"And one more thing," he said, standing up. "You will never talk to the hunter, I don't care if he is your uncle or not. The pack seems to accept why you did what you did, but I don't want you in his bar ever again. Now, go back to bed. I'm tired."

And he went to lie down on the bed, and that was when I could release the breath I was holding; I wonder how I managed not to pee myself again. I limped into the bed and lay next to him, I couldn't stop trembling when he put his hand on my waist, but he didn't seem to care. In the morning, I gave him his breakfast, and he was as sweet as possible, but when he finally left to work, I started sobbing, and I can't stop now.

I send a text to Terry telling him that because of the situation, I won't be able to visit him for some time; I send a text to my mum telling her that I go with Brandon for an unexpected vacation and won't be able to call her in next two weeks.

Now is the evening, and I try to put the buttons of my shirt in the right place since Brandon and I are going to eat in the packhouse at the official dinner, which means Julius will be there too.

"Make sure that you look pleasant," Brandon says, passing behind me, which makes me flinch. I gulp; I must and can do it; I have to.

Natasha greets us at the entrance to the dining room, I recognize the elders of the pack, including Preston, and I see Alyssa and both her daughters, Chen and Gamma, and some more, including Julius. He looks at me, and finally, he looks at me, and I smile, but only for a moment. Brandon's arm on my back makes it extremely difficult to pretend that I'm happy.

I feel miserable when I do causal chit-chat avoiding coming closer to Julius, I'm afraid he will see just through me, and I'm afraid I can start crying. I need a break, so I run toward the bathroom, hoping to have at least a moment of silence. I'm so nervous I don't knock. Just enter is and see Fiona bent over the toilet, puking. She notices me and looks at me, totally frightened.

"Danny, I... oh my goddess, Danny, please, I..." she starts crying, so I close the door behind me and come closer to her.

I help her to stand up and later to wash; all the time, none of us utter a single word; then I take her to the porch because she looks like she could use some fresh air.

"Since when do you know?" I ask her after a while of uncomfortable silence.

"Since a few days ago, Danny, I'm so sorry. I didn't do it on purpose, I swear," she whispers; she seems to be on the verge of a breakdown.