Chapter 21: "Every cloud has a silver lining"

Julius POV

I knock on the door of Danny's house, it's very late but I don't care I need to be close to him no matter what or I will go insane.

My son was scared of me, I clearly saw it in his eyes this afternoon when I had almost broken the neck of his mother in front of him. My son was scared of me, I made him afraid, I made him tremble in fear!

After the confrontation in the Infirmary Natasha sent also Danny home telling him that for now he is forbidden to leave the pack territory because he disregarded his duty to inform the Alpha about anything that may concern the pack. And the return of Madison for sure is a big concern. The moment I saw her the rage was so strong, strange that Drake didn't try to stop me like the last time I saw her.

Danny opens the door and looks at me with guilt on his face as I move my wheelchair to enter the house and doesn't wait any second as he kneels in front of me putting his hands on my thighs.

"I'm so sorry I kept it hidden from you, I'm so sorry. I didn't want you to suffer, she had already approached Tristan when I found out about her. I didn't want him to suffer either. I'm so sorry Julius, I didn't want to hurt you."

The tears go down his face and I don't even try to withhold mine. I pull him onto my lap and put my face in his chest sobbing. I feel his arms wrapped around me and I let myself cry, cry for as long as I have the strength to do it.

The twilight meets us on the couch in the living room when Danny lies in my arms and I can play with his soft hair.

"Will you tell me what happened, I had no idea about Luke," he says and my throat clenches painfully again.

"When Trist was around two years old my relationship with Madison was already broken. As you remember she slept around a lot, and we were constantly arguing. I didn't pay too much attention when she started not showing up in the house for days, I was sure she was with her lovers because I could feel it from time to time. Around the same time patrols started finding out traces of some other wolves' presence on our territory but there was no burglary nor attacks on anybody, but we knew that someone from the pack must've let them in."

"Was it Madison?" he asks.

"She met a rogue in a human town and he became her lover and also told her that he had found a way to become very rich and she fell for it. Stupid bitch she has almost destroyed the whole pack!"

"How?" he looks at me and I gulp, we have promised to never say a thing to anybody but there was no Alpha Command, but still do I want him to know the truth? Do I want to drag him into this mess?

"They were smuggling something, and they wanted to make here the safe pick-up point for their cargo, and they needed Madison to purchase some things for them too. For her lover and his people. Luke was the one who noticed that Madison suddenly started having very extravagant clothes and other things and one day he started following her. There is a place in the woods with a waterfall, that's where he had a confrontation with her and was jumped by the rest of her acquaintances. There was a fight, and we came to his rescue I, Natasha, Thomas, Alexa, her father, and Chen but it was too late, they have managed to poison him with some of their own and attacked us.  Thomas and Alexa's father died and I had to... I had to..."

I feel tears in my eyes, Luke had a whole life ahead of him, he was funny, kind, and brave, and he died, because...

"I had to kill Luke, to end his suffering" I whisper.

Once again I cry as Danny holds me tight, I feel the warmth of his body, and his divine scent gives me so much-needed comfort as I shiver because of the sorrow and suffering.