Chapter 45: "Lightning never strikes twice in the same place."

Terry POV

Alyssa is taking care of my arm. During the heat incident, my arm wasn't broken. I just had a small crack of the bone... again. Thankfully, My hand managed to endure the pressure while rescuing Danny, but the throbbing pain returned.

"You should be careful with this arm for the next couple of weeks and still keep it wrapped in elastic bandage. You are almost healed." Alyssa says, eyeing my exposed chest.

Like every hunter, I have scars, lots of them actually, mostly claw cuts and bites, but thankfully I was never wounded badly enough to be close to death.

"Do you think it's repulsive?" I ask her, putting my clothes on.

"I would rather say it's sad. The body of none of us should carry such memories."

"How is your daughter?" I ask; I can imagine how awful it must be for her to endure.

"She gets better, but slowly, I keep her in a pharmacological coma. I'm also extremely grateful that Jason is always sitting with her. Her wolf has the strength to fight thanks to the presence of their mate."

"He is her mate. Is it strange?" I ask, although I must admit I can't decide on all this mating bond, is it a good or bad thing, actually?

"Yes, he is. But after what has happened, he has no obligation towards her. He is just a good wolf, so he doesn't want her to die."

I nod and start walking back into the main part of the packhouse, Jewels are probably with Trist and Danny now, but to my surprise, I see Julius waiting for me. He gives me a not-very-bright smile and says we must talk with Natasha now. I'm not happy with this news; Brandon has been dead for three days now, and shouldn't be any more problems, should it?

The library in the packhouse isn't empty. Besides Natasha, also Chen is there, and they all don't look happy. I keep my neutral appearance, but I worry something isn't right. Soon Alexa, with Danny and Mae, enters the room to sit, and that's when I start feeling uncomfortable.

"Something is wrong?" Danny asks, and Natasha stands up.

"We have a big problem. This morning I got the call from Alpha Ravenswood with a deal proposal."

"What deal?" I spit, clenching my fists; whatever that bastard wants is nothing good.

"He informed me that he knows his daughters are here and wants them back."

Her one sentence makes my blood cold; there is no fucking way I will ever allow it. He will never get his dirty hands on my daughters.

"Apparently," Natasha continues, "he promised to keep quiet if we sign the treaty, pay him a huge amount, and send the girls back to his pack."

"Keep quiet about what?" Mae asks.

"He knows about Red Venom, he knows that Brandon was involved with Red Venom and threatened to inform the Council about it, and we all know that no matter the circumstances if someone from the pack is involved with Red Venom, the pack is disbanded."

Dead silence comes to all of us; the situation is dire.

"Has he got any evidence to back up his threat?" Alexa asks. "After all, it will be his word against ours?"

"He claims he has recorded a phone call from Brandon. The son of the bitch called him to inform him about Pearl being here and offered to sell him a significant amount of Red Venom."

"Brandon saw Pearl first time during the heat incident; he recognized her from the posters and called Ravenswood. Of course, he and Madison needed the first buyer to move somewhere far away." Chen says, and Alexa growls.