Chapter 29: "Devil's Bargain"

Terry POV

Since the day Ivory opened up in front of me and said everything, all I want to do is to find her father and put a bullet in his fucking skull. I rot in hell first before I let him ever get near my Jewels; I don't care how high a price I will have to pay for that.

He actually tried to threaten her, sick fucker. According to what she has told me, he had decided that Ivory would've given him a son because that way, he could have had a child partially with his beloved Luna. He threaten Ivory that if she disagreed, he would allow others to hurt Pearl, he came closer to hug her and put his nose in the crook of her neck, and that was when Ivory bit into his throat with her canines. He fell down, bleeding and screaming for help, but because he was alone in the packhouse, only with his daughters, nobody came to his rescue, and Ivory grabbed Pearl and escaped, not looking behind.

But the fucker is not only still alive, but he looks for them; he looks for them to finish what he has started; he still wants to put his hands on my daughter! I blink a couple of times, realizing what I've just thought. My daughter, my daughters...

"Terry, can you move faster!" one of the customers complains that I space out.

I understand his irritation, the bar is not full, mostly because the pack members don't come here anymore, so I get back to my job. Wishing death to this bastard won't change anything. For now, he doesn't know where the girls are; for now, they are safe.

The door to the bar gets open, and to my surprise, Natasha enters; she gives me a polite smile and sits at the bar, asking for whisky.

"And you are here because?" I ask, pouring her shot.

"Because I have something to talk about, but we will wait until you close the bar if that's okay?" she takes a sip of her drink.

"Are you alone?" I ask.

"Are you scared of me? We both know that if I wanted you gone, you would already be gone. And if for a moment you would suspect that I wish your death, you would be far away from here by now."

"That's my home. I don't want to leave."

"That makes two of us, at least for now. I don't wish you to leave either," she smirks and asks for another drink, and I pour it.

The hours go by lazily, and yet both Natasha and I are very patient persons; I do my job, and she drinks and chats a bit with the other customers. But the moment we are left alone and Aunty Mae goes down also to take part in our conversation; there is not even a trace of previous coziness.

Natasha and I are opponents, past enemies who spent years fighting each other.

"I came to talk about your wards," she says, and I get tense" because I figured out who they are. Before you decide to shoot me, let me speak first."

I nod, and Aunty Mae puts her hand on my arm to make me calm.

"Recently, some of my warriors came back from the Ravenswood Pack. We negotiated the treaty when someone asked Alexa for help and gave her the list of girls who have been recently banished from the pack and not seen by anybody since then. On the list, there were also names of Pearl Ravenswood and Ivory Ravenswood, daughters of the Alpha. None of the pack members have seen them in months, but they have never been officially banished or listed as missing."

"What are going to do with that?" Aunty Mae asks, and Natasha smiles politely, and yet the vibe that comes from her isn't gentle, that's for sure.

"Do you know, and can you give me at least the basic details of what happened?" Natasha asks, looking and me.