Chapter 31: "It's never too late to mend"

Julius POV

TRIGGER WARNING

After storming out of the bar and going back to pack's territory, I went home. Trist and Chen quickly noticed my foul mood and left me alone.

I'm not happy that I lost control over that jerk, but I can't just block his words in my head. Fresh bruises... Danny was sparring with warriors from time to time but not that often. After I moved out of the house, I wasn't spending with him as much time as before, so I'm not sure if...

Brandon used too much force with Danny at the beginning, I remember that, but later it seemed okay, and then I moved out and...

Fuck, but Danny keeps saying that everything is okay and Brandon for sure wouldn't; they are mates, for Goddess' sake. Brandon may be a cheater, but he isn't an abuser, isn't he?

I take a big breath and try to get to sleep as my phone start ringing, and to my surprise, it's Mae. What the hell would she want from me, especially after our last encounter? And yet I take her call, and yet I listen to her rather chaotic explanation and request, and I don't hesitate even a moment.

In a matter of seconds, I'm outside; my wolf runs so fast in the direction of Danny's house. I know it's probably nothing, but I must make sure; I just must.

I shift in front of his door, and for a blink, I hesitate but don't knock; just crawl inside. As always, Danny hasn't closed the door. There is no one downstairs, but I can hear muffled screams and cry from upstairs; Drake is almost ripping inside me to get out, and that's when I just stand up and run upstairs, totally ignoring the fact that I'm moving on my two feet.

I barge through the door to Danny's and Brandon's bedroom, a place I've never been before.

And that's when everything just happens so fast, but later when I have to repeat all the details to Natasha and Chen, I have no problems remembering them; they will stay in my memory forever. The fury in my veins is boiling.

Brandon is lying on top of Danny, holding him by his throat. I see tears and fear on his face as Brandon pounds into him. My cousin's eyes are shifted, and his claws are out, and I clearly see big stains of blood on the sheets beneath them.

"Julius, come and share the whore with me!" He bursts with laughing, and I roar, coming to them.

In a flash... everything is happening in a flash.

I grab Brandon and rip him away from Danny, throwing him into the wall; he crashes into it but gets on his feet very quickly. He looks at me, laughing loudly like a madman.

"You want his ass so much! Get in line!"

But I don't wait. I don't give him any time as I jump on him, clawing his chest and throwing punch after punch into his face. He is strong, and his wolf is partially out, just like mine, but because we move so fast and keep attacking each other, the full shift is impossible.

I feel his bones cracking under my fists, and I feel his claws cutting my skin; although I don't feel any pain, I feel nothing but a blind fury. I want to kill him; I want to rip his heart out of his chest.

When I push him out of the room, we both fall down the stairs but stand up fast. He jumps at me, but I block his punch. I kick him with my knee and sink my canines into his shoulder. He howls in pain but gets to claw my back, and yet I can't be stopped; only his death will make me stop.

Finally, I press him down into the floor, clenching my fingers on his throat; he claws my hands but can't push me away. I snarl, squeezing my hands tighter; Drake wants him dead, I want him dead, I want him dead so much.