Chapter 42: "The course of true love never did run smooth" Part 3

Terry POV

It's been almost 12 hours since Danny's disappearance, but at least we know where we should be looking now. Unfortunately, what Ivory and Trist told us turned out to be the bullseye.

The Howl Pack's trackers found traces of digging and marks of car wheels near the waterfall. The people from Mine Office, who Alexa had phoned, confirmed that yes, they had received the request from us to borrow a truck for 24 hours quietly, and they told us where according to its GPS it went, which means that we have an address. It's an empty building currently under reconstruction, but there are two problems. First, it may not be in the middle of the city, but close enough to a block of flats where many people live, and second close to the main road, which means many security cameras. And we still are not sure if Danny is there; Brandon could take him somewhere else.

As I study the city maps, I'm sure of one thing.

"I have to be the one to do it," I say loudly, and they all look at me. "This place is full of human scent. If the werewolves are there, they won't pick my scent but yours. They will notice at once."

Julius snarls, and Alexa and Chen seem to be deep in thought. The odds are certainly not in my favor, I'm still not fully healed after the last fight, so it's not like I'm sure I can survive it, but I must at least try.

Jason doesn't say anything; he looks like he is in pain, but I can't be sure.

"I think if they are there, they can't be in a big number," Alexa says ."All we need to do is to come close enough and get confirmation that we can enter. If we dispatch 15-20 warriors in small groups around this area with sufficient backup in cars to take us away quickly once the job is done, even if someone notifies the police, they will find an empty building. We must ensure not to leave any bodies or blood traces so..."

"The fire will be a good distraction, but we must enter the building not in wolf form," Chen says. "We must take everybody and burn whatever cargo they brought there in that truck. But if Brandon, Danny, and Fiona are not there, then..."

"If I get close enough, I may be able to feel Fiona through our bond, maybe. But I agree with Terry; he has a chance to sneak inside unnoticed; he is our best chance. And we must take under consideration that they have more Red Venom to be used."

"So we need to dive our forces into three units, one securing Danny's and Fiona's safety, two getting rid of Red Venom, three making sure no one escapes," Chen finishes.

Sounds like a plan; I think as we all get ready, we must do it as fast as possible.

Danny POV

TRIGGER WARNING 

It is late because the dim moonlight is our cell's only light source. Fiona keeps sobbing in my arms, and I try to comfort her, although I'm on the verge of breaking down too.

"Fiona, can you tell me everything you know, how it came to this?" I finally ask, probably only somehow making the time pass by.

"I'm just stupid; I was so stupid," she sobs. "He told me he didn't love you, and you two got marked because Bruce took control of him. But then Madison told me she knew how to break the bond between you two, and I fell for it. I helped her talk with Brandon, and they convinced me they had found a way to make it alright."

"Exactly how?" I ask.

"I didn't know the details, but during the last rogue attack on the pack, Madison and I made sure to let a truck with rogues enter our land, and they took something, big chests buried near the waterfall. But I don't know what it was. And now the deal was that the rogues would take you, it would help Brandon escape, and I was to help Madison run away from the packhouse simultaneously. So they told me you would be left near the pack, and the three of us would run away."