Chapter 8: "Marriage has teeth and it bites hard"

Trist, Julius's son above

Julius POV

As we've pushed away quite a big group of rogues Chen mind-link that we should regroup and fully check all the borders right now, which I totally agree with. Because of that, I will be home very late today but it's not a problem since Danny is there and he will take good care of my son. He has been living with us for almost two months already and I sometimes wonder how the hell we managed to exist without him before.

House is clean, and food is served but that's not why I feel so good, it's because having Danny around makes me so relaxed. He is funny and sweet, and talking with him is interesting. Somehow he managed to convince both me and Trist to go with him on daily strolls around the pack and it gives me so much-needed relaxation. Just like dinners we eat together regularly and it's not Danny who is always cooking. I actually managed to do spaghetti and it turned out that Trist has a real gift with tomato sauce. I have no idea what he puts in it but both I and Danny just could stop stuffing ourselves with it, even Brandon said a compliment.

Brandon, on the other hand, is a different problem, I have no idea what the hell is happening, but the way behaves recently is very irresponsible to say at least. For Goddess's sake, he almost lost control in the middle of the human bar, this isn't something that can be easily passed on.

 Natasha and his father were furious as hell. The punishment for that was rough, Chen whipped him in front of all the pack members. And the biggest problem is Brandon didn't seem guilty, he behaved as if he was punished without any reason. 

The main purpose of whipping punishment in packs isn't pain after all, as werewolves, we heal fast so pain is not a problem, but humiliation is. Whipping a warrior is about humiliation and Brandon didn't handle it well. Danny was very down because of it too, he was avoiding anybody for a couple of days. I understand him, having to watch your mate in a situation like this is far away from being nice and Danny is very sensitive so anything like that...

I shake it off as I keep patrolling, I should focus on my job, not Danny right now. I feel Drake in my mind more clearly every time I think about Danny and wonder why. Well I can't deny that I care about Danny and I want to keep him safe, I want him to be happy here in my pack.

After many hours of patrolling, I walk into the training grounds to shift and take my wheelchair home with me. It's late but to my surprise, I see someone still practicing, as I come closer I notice Alexa. She is a tall, woman with dark skin and dark eyes, strong and beautiful. If someone asks me she is the perfect material for the next Head Warrior. I saw her fighting against rogues and I watch her during training from time to time she is a good commander, a calm and cautious warrior, and a very strong wolf. I think even Chen would have some difficulties taking her head on.

She notices me and stops throwing punches to the punching back.

"You are not at home? It's late," she says but I smirk.

"I could ask you the same question, don't you think?"

"I'm just irritated, I need to release some steam before I go home, and you why aren't you home?"

"Just finished patrolling, after the attack I know Chen checked everything but I still need to double-check I guess."

"The rogues' attacks aren't that rare and it wasn't a big group so why are you nervous?" she asks.

"I don't know, call it a hunch. I have a hunch that something will happen soon. Don't make that face as if..."

"As if I don't believe you, well I believe you have a hunch but I don't believe you are so restless because of it. It's soon April, the anniversary of Luke is coming," she says sadly and I flinch.