Chapter 26

"I said I love you." Jennie breathes while her smile continues to grow from the pure shock and disbelief on Lisa's face. That and Lisa seems to be getting even cuter by the second and all she's done is bop her mouth open like a fish while her brow narrows in confusion. "Close your mouth." Jennie instructs playfully while raising her finger to trail Lisa's lips. Lisa does exact as told with a audible swallow that Jennie see's clearly, on some level it's amusing but on another Jennie's fears kick in just a notch because Lisa suddenly looks like she's broke, she's not said anything, she's not moved other than the quick close of the mouth and harsh swallow, and if Jennie knows her as much as she thinks she does, she knows, Lisa's not one to become speechless.

"I love you." Jennie repeats again, this time her eyes are softer while her tone is firmer, because she's never been more sure of anything in her life, and whether Lisa's ready to hear it or not, Jennie's ready to say it no matter how scary that is. Lisa's everything she wasn't looking for, someone she couldn't even begin to imagine if she tried because Lisa's simply not simple. She's strong and hard with a firm tone that can be intimidating, yet when Jennie's laying in bed with her, Jennie only needs to smile, bat her lashes or ask in a softer voice for something and Lisa would do anything Jennie asks of her, she's an entirely different person and Jennie loves her more for it if that's even possible. She's loyal and head strong and passionate in everything she does, she's funny and silly, maybe even sillier than Jennie sometimes, no matter how much her girlfriend denies it till she's shooting her a glare of 'don't be ridiculous' She's needy and touchy and despite her trying to hold back her emotions sometimes, all it takes is a glance in to Lisa eyes and Jennie knows exactly what she's feeling, then Lisa's fingers would brush her skin and whatever Lisa would try and hold back would come tumbling out with no resistance.

"You can't just say things like that." Lisa breathes with a heavy breath eyes shifting between Jennie eyes before diverting her gaze completely and shaking her head. For a moment, Jennie holds her breath. For a single moment Jennie's stomach drops because maybe it wasn't the best of times at all, but then when Lisa eyes connect with her once more, her dread fades away as quick as it appeared. "You cant just say that." Lisa says again which has Jennie smiling from ear to ear, because Lisa's not pulling away, she's not feeling awkward and she's certainly not running away, instead she looks a little annoyed which is an entirely different kind of cute all together as far as Jennie's concerned.

"And why not?" Jennie challenges moving closer to her girlfriend, whom she happens to love.

"Because I'm mad at you right now." Lisa says obviously rolling her eyes at Jennie's grin. "You can't just say you love me like that. I had this entire talk planned out in my head." Lisa begins to pace.

"You planned a speech?" Jennie says in amusement while leaning against the back of the couch trying not to smile to much while letting Lisa do her thing and have her moment, even if she really does want to just grab her face and kiss the living hell out of her to shut her up.

"Yes."

"Do you ever just go with the flow?" Jennie questions pulling her smile down just a notch as Lisa's glare hits her. "Just wondering" Jennie says innocently. "Let me have it then"

"What?"

"Your speech, Lets hear it."

"It's not the same now."

"Lisa." Jennie says even softer removing any remaining space between them as she wraps her arms snuggly around Lisa's neck and presses there bodies together. "I want to hear what you have to say. I want to hear how mad you are, I want to hear how much you want to shout and scream at me, please."

Lisa eyes aimlessly shift between her eyes, her lips parting briefly before she's swallowing thickly once more. What ever Lisa has to say, Jennie can tell she's nervous which only increases Jennie nerves, like she could get more nervous anyway. She's just spilled her heart and soul out to the woman that somehow still makes it impossible to stop falling for her in the seconds she's ready to have an anxiety attack if Lisa doesn't say something soon. When Lisa's fingers rest on Jennie's hips, Jennie breathes a sigh or relief.