Chapter 20

Jennie was distracted despite not actually being distracted. It was silly really but, Lisa had stood by her word and allowed Jennie to study in peace while she moved around her home making coffee and food while offering Jennie some before sitting down with her own computer on her lap. It was the most distracting thing to mankind. Jennie tried anyway, to stay focused on her book, she tried memorising the pictures, she tried writing down her diagnosis and what her solution would be, but for the life of her that's all she could do was try, because her eyes kept flickering to the brunette beside her munching on toast while narrowing her eyes on something she was reading herself.

Coming here was such a bad idea, especially when Lisa is as good looking as she is.

"Jennie." Lisa says looking over her glasses knowingly. "Study."

"I'am." Jennie defends her eyes dropping to her book for a second before back to Lisa who was still looking at her with a smirk. "I'm trying."

"Why are you even struggling?"

"Because I've seen you Naked." Jennie says obviously with a heavy breath that makes Lisa laugh and steal her book from her hands.

"Let's see." Lisa says her eyes reading down the lines Jennie had been too distracted to read herself. Jennie watched as Lisa shifted her glasses more comfortably on her nose while her eyes trailed quickly across every line with a tiny furrow to her brow, she watched as her eyes analyzed the picture Jennie now has printed in her brain, she watched as Lisa tilted her head to the side as she continued to read while Jennie tucked her sock covered feet under Lisa's butt comfortably. "So you have to explain what's wrong, what you would do and the dangers?" Lisa concludes.

"Yes." Jennie nods sitting forward to look at the book in Lisa's hands. "What would you do Dr. Manoban?" Jennie teases dying to hear her answer.

"I'd take him to surgery open him up and pull the bullet out." Lisa says simply with a smirk. "Stitch him back up and send him home. Problem solved."

Jennie laughs while taking the book from Lisa's hands and leaning into her a little more.

"Sounds so simple." Jennie grins. "Only it's not." Jennie explains her finger coming to rest beneath lines she's already read. "The thing about a trauma doctor, or surgeon is that you need to be able to evaluate the situation quickly, you need to believe in your choice and be able to give demands very quickly. See, you could mistake it for a simple flesh wound and do what you just said, take him to surgery remove the bullet and stitch him up. However, he's been shot just below his shoulder." Jennie explains pointing to the diagram of the bullet wound. "There is a main artery there. My best choice of action would be to get an x-ray done immediately as sometimes you can't tell the damage until you open someone up but if he's clearly bleeding out I can't waste time and I would rush him into the operating room immediately. My immediate choice could determine if he lives or dies." Jennie explains while her fingers go over to another diagram. "The bullet could have shattered his bone to which he would require pins."

"Sounds complicated." Lisa says proudly her eyes shifting slowly over Jennie.

"It is." Jennie agrees.

"I know your dad is a huge part too why you wanted to help people, but how did you know you could do it?" Lisa questions turning on the spot and resting her elbow on the back of the couch to hold her head. "To deal with death, and blood and just the pressure."

"Well, when I was younger I made the choice and told my mum." Jennie explains remembering her teenage years. "She had told me it wasn't for everyone and adviced me to volunteer. Thankfully my mums a doctor too so she played a big role in helping me, I learned basic skills that were required and volunteered at my mum's hospital to see if i could cope and deal with situations that happened daily. So for a week, i was in an ambulance with two fully trained paramedics I would pass them things they needed and did things they asked but they dealt with everything big. It was a real eye opener."