Chapter 9

The closer Jennie got to Lisa's apartment the more she started regretting her decision as the nerves slowly built. It seemed funny when she first thought of it, showing up at Lisa's place with a Chinese in hand and a huge smirk on her face before saying something cocky and confident. Only as Jennie climbed in the lift and hit the button to Lisa's floor Jennie figured it was too late now anyway. The worst part was she wasn't sure what she was expecting, Lisa did say no after all. What felt like the longest lift ride of her life, the door finally pings open to the correct floor and Jennie takes a final breath before taking slow nervous steps towards Lisa's front door while muttering confident boost in her head. However what Jennie never prepared for was Lisa's door opening as she was halfway, quickly filling the corridors with laughter. In an instant Jennie found herself hiding in the opening of a door to another apartment, praying and hoping nothing was hanging out in view because that would be embarrassing and unexplainable even for Jennie's weird creative mind. Silently and as still as possible Jennie listened to something she couldn't see and most defiantly shouldn't be listening to anyway.

"Seriously Lex, Loosen up. I can only help you so much!"

"Why do I ask you around again?" Lisa huffs.

"You just can't keep these hands off your body?"

"You're lucky you're good at what you do." Lisa confesses shoving the brunette away from her door. "Now get out of here."

"The best." Jennie hears the mysterious woman laugh before a kissing sound is being made. "See you next week."

"Oh, Yonna" Lisa calls out. "Don't be late next time."

"Wouldn't dream of it."

As Jennie started debating peaking down the hall to see what was going on She heard a door close and footsteps getting closer towards her. Without thinking twice she quickly stepped out from her gap as naturally as possible as if she just left her own apartment, if the woman reacted unexpectedly to it, Jennie didn't notice and kept her eyes on the lift.

"This lift is the slowest I've ever been in i swear." The woman huffs beside Jennie giving Jennie full permission to look at the brunette fully.

"Use it a lot?" Jennie finds herself question begrudgingly as her eyes trail over 'Yonna' features her eyes were dark, almost like they were black but so alluring Jennie found herself narrowing in on every spec. They suited her dark hair which was tied loosely in a ponytail with beads of sweat around the edges of her hair. That's when Jennie looked away thankfully at the exact time the lift doors open.

"Feel like i live here!" She responded with a smile.

Jennie suddenly wanted her to stop talking but smiled politely non the less as she hit the button the ground floor.

"Chinese food huh?" The woman said as she looked to the bag in Jennie's hand. "Feeding an army?" She laughs as Jennie to looks down to the bag in hand. She didn't know what Lisa would like, so ordered all different dishes hoping there would be at least one that she'd eat.

"Just me and an annoying best friend." Jennie smiled dismissively before focusing on the lift doors begging them to open already. It was embarrassing enough to be standing in the lift with a woman that's been clearly sleeping with the woman you've been shamefully hitting on for the better part of a month even if she didn't know it. Yet Jennie felt a bigger idiot for not listening to Jisoo, or even Lisa for that matter when she said no. Maybe Lisa just had a flirty nature with everyone Jennie started telling herself as she started to unravel every thing she thought was going on between her and Lisa in a different way.

When the doors finally pinged open Jennie didn't say bye to the stranger she wished she never met, not even so much as turned around to acknowledge her at all, instead she bolted for the exit and not once looked back.