My Dearest Russia

Vladimir

After some days of traveling, we were finally back in Petrograd. It was nice seeing my own language on buildings and being spoken by everyone. I suppose maybe it was not truly Russia I missed, but Paul. Once I stepped off the Imperial train, I got in a separate car that to me to Irina Paley's mansion.

I arrived at Irina's mansion with Prince Feodor Alexandrovich. Michael and Paul had been playing in the backyard with their toy soldiers and trucks. The three of us quietly stepped on to the back patio.

"How well-behaved was he? I hope he was good for you." I smiled at her.

Irina grinned. "Oh Vladimir, he was an angel. Are you sure he is your son?"

"You are hilarious, Irina. Truly." I rolled my eyes. I looked at Paul and his face. Had he matured some over the summer? It looked like it. Paul may have even grown some. Boys at his age grow like weeds. I watched as he smiled and laughed with Michael. I missed his little laughter terribly.

"He has missed you terribly. Paul cried for you many nights, but did not wish to telephone and disturb you." Feodor Alexandrovich stated.

"Paul Paley, do not make me give you a scolding!" I shouted to him. Paul looked up and his smile faded. Perhaps he was not happy to see me? My son stood, looking at me with a look of shock. That is when he broke into sons and ran to be with his arms wide.

"Daddy!" Paul sobbed loudly as he ran to be. I did not hesitate to swoop him up in my arms. He wrapped his legs around me and grabbed me tightly. I held Paul tightly.

"My boy, my sweet boy." I groaned.

"W-What took you so-so long? I missed you!" Paul cried out.

"I know, but I am here now. I will not leave you for a long time. I promise."

"Can we go home?"

I chuckled. "Of course. Of course, let us go home. We can have your favorite for dinner and I shall read a bedtime story to you. Would you like that?"

"Yes. I want home." Paul whispered. I let him down, holding his little hand. We grabbed his luggage and his remaining toys. I kissed my sister and nephew goodbye before leaving for Tsarkoye Selo. I could not wait for Eudoxia, Paul, and I to become a family. This would be a great new chapter in our lives.
———————————————————————————
Anastasia

Upon arriving home, I spent much time with Cheryl and holding her. My little girl was the best part of arriving home. Her and I spoke about the Summer and how she spent her time at Aunt Irina and Uncle Felix's home. But once I was able to step away, I pulled my Papa and Mama into a room. I was not going to keep anymore secrets. I told them about Sir Greystone and I. Our blooming romance this Summer.

Papa leaned against his desk in his study. Mama sat in the chair next to mine in the front of the desk. Papa was crossing his arms while looking me in the eyes.

"Well...I cannot say I am not surprised. You always have liked the commoners." Papa sighed. I snickered a little, but I stopped the moment Mama shot me a disapproving look.

Mama put her hand on my shoulder. "Nastya, are you sure there is not some nice Prince or Grand Duke for you?"

"Mama, I believe if there was, he would be here right now."

Papa and Mama exchanged looks for a moment, before he rubbed his forehead. There was a different look in their faces than the ones I had seen before. I could not tell what it meant though.

"Anastasia, this is not the life we wanted for you. Or any of our daughters, for that matter. But unlike your sisters, you're going to do what you want. And as aggravating as it has been, that is one of the things your mother and I love about you. Sir Greystone may not be a prince, but he is the best friend of the heir of England, an officer in the Navy, and he is very wealthy. He can provide you a good life. Therefore, I have no choice but to give you my blessing in this relationship."

I smiled widely and leaped up from my chair. I wrapped my arms around my father. This was one of the happiest moments of my life.

"Oh, thank you! Thank you."

"Where is mine?" Mama asked. I laughed and turned around to embrace her as well.

"I love you both so much." I moaned as I leaned up. Papa grinned and nodded at me.

"We love you too. It is your life. Make the most of it while you are here, alright?"

I nodded at him in agreement. This was going to be a new era in the Romanov family. A modern-era with new beginnings. I had no idea what the next step was for us. But one thing was for sure: this era in our life was coming to an end.