"Well, that's just great," I mumbled.

He said nothing in response, which was just as well. Kannon's class emerged. The once quiet corridor was now buzzing with life, and I didn't want to be trying to have a discrete conversation with a being that only I could see.

Kannon sauntered out, giving me a peck on the cheek.

"Still got company?"

"Yeah," I groaned. "It's the least of my problems now. Come on, we need privacy."

Kannon took my hand as we wandered to his locker. I was ignoring the Nephilim, who was trying to get my attention to ensure that I knew his kind was my biggest problem.

"Brad said you can give me another lesson this afternoon."

"Once we're away from this place?"

I nodded with a smile until I remembered that the annoyance was still here and always would be. There would be no misbehavior at the lake or anywhere in between.

"Have you heard from your father?"

"Yes, all fixed."

"You know why I ask that, right?"

Kannon grimly nodded as he held open the passenger door.

"It's only been a short while since you shot him. I would not have expected Drakkus to be out at this hour or at all, to be honest."

"He knows."

"No, he probably expected Andross to return at a certain time and has come here to find him. Now, what did we need privacy for?"

Kannon pressed me to the car, kissing over my jaw. It was hard to enjoy it when the Nephilim stared at us.

"Would you go away?" I hissed.

Kannon's head lifted, looking at where my eyes were directed. The Nephilim remained quiet. Just a plain face that offered nothing.

"He won't leave me now because of this morning."

"Sounds like absolute fun."

"Yeah. The privacy thing," I whispered. "The principal is a demon."

Kannon shifted a step back, putting a small gap between us.

"Seriously?"

"If you believe the Nephilim, yes."

"Oh, I would believe them. They don't know how to lie."

"We do not understand the concept of it and the purpose that it serves." the teen interjected.

"Great, thanks for the info."

When I was seated, Kannon shut the door. For the few seconds that I was alone, I looked across the road to the café where I'd seen Andross watching us. Now, we had a replacement observer, and he was ready to unleash a whole new kind of war on me. It was like he knew that I'd killed his partner.

Even though Brad said that I could have a driving lesson today, we decided against it. I didn't want to be out having fun when there was a rather large issue that had to be dealt with. Well, my life was nothing but issues, but Andross was at the top of the pile.

Brad was stunned when we told him. Seated at the table with coffee in front of him, I'd suggested putting a little kicker in it because he'd want it once I'd told him about my morning adventure. He didn't get angry, not that I thought he would. The worst I'd seen out of Brad was grumpiness.

Part of his subdued mood was because we were not alone. Not just Kannon but his family and a few whom I was yet to be introduced to. They were sitting in the lounge room while we discussed the issue.

The Trouble with EvieOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara