Chapter 40- Greetings readers

Italics- thoughts/ flashbacks/ dreams

Bold- author talking

Underline- narrator talking, known as the main character

Normal- normal story

ꨄ❦ꨄ❦ꨄ➪

✨✨🥀 Death's P.O.V. 🥀✨✨

Enjoy!!!

2829 words

ꨄ❦ꨄ❦ꨄ➪

Her face is full of sad memories. It is not fitting for her beauty.

"Listen to me," I drawl out before holding the back of her delicate neck with one hand, "you are the most beautiful creation I have and forever will see. You are so fucking astonishing. They did not have a legitimate excuse to hurt you with their foul mouths or dirty hands. Stop being a doormat to the past problems that your mind keeps welcoming in."

There are tears on her puffy cheeks. "Really?"

"Yes, you are the kindest mortal I have ever met. Those 'people' are, without a doubt, jealous of what they cannot contain, what they do not have the power to be. "

What I don't have the power or will to be.

"Why are you nice to me?"

Because you care about me, not what I do or the decisions I make. You listen while you shouldn't, while others don't. You don't leave or shame me, don't demand things I cannot give. No pressure for answers I cannot comprehend.

The light in my darkened world. You are not all the light I need; you are not the light that will get rid of the following shadows. Enough light to see your beauty, the umbrella for poisoned ink rain that hits every second you aren't in sight.

I am not afraid of you. Only one that does not scare me, as past encounters have. You don't mean harm as darkness does. No one knows why all I see is black, but all I know is one thing.

You are the reason for the stars in my cursed night sky. Only one that stays century after century, something even the sun cannot fulfill.

Because, 'I got you.'

"You deserve some kindness."

"You do too."

"I have her currently next to me."

Her face turns red from the smile that finally showed up. "Stop being so nice and cute."

I carefully put my arms around her, don't break her, and am effective at putting her on my lap. "No."

Her flustered face is the most adorable thing in the world. It's killing me too slow.

Please, kill me faster.

She shifts till we're face to face. I want to kiss that face. Absolute perfection.

"You can't keep doing this to me, sir, or the world will end."

"I won't let you end."

She puts her hands over her face and squeals. "You are going to kill me. These butterflies are killing me! I'm going to die."

"They're doing my work."

She peaks at me through her fingers with foolishly expensive nails. I watch her reach past me to that yellow thing. She praises it the same way I praise her.

She wedges it under my arm.

"He loves you."

"He isn't alive."