Announcements and Turnips

"Are we filming this video, then?" you ask Dan, standing in his doorway.

He closes his laptop and looks at you. "Yeah," he replies, getting up from his bed and beginning to set up the filming stuff.

You take a shaky breath and sit down on his bed. "How are we going to do this?"

"I'll start the video on my own, then when I say your name or something, you come into the shot. We'll just talk to the camera for a bit. That's all I've thought of so far," he replies, sitting down beside you.

"Well, at least it's something." you say, shrugging and moving sideways to get out of the view of the camera.

"Should we start and see how it goes?" he asks.

"Okay," you reply.

Dan nods and leans forward to turn the camera on.

"Hello internet! So, by the title of this video, you're probably wondering what my big announcement is. And I'm not going to string it out, so here it is..."

He pauses.

"Actually, I am going to string it out. Drumroll please!"

He pauses again. He'll probably edit in a drumroll sound.

"I have a girlfriend!" he exclaims,  while doing a kind of 'jazz hands' thing at the camera. He looks over to you and mouths, "Ready?"

You take a deep breath and nod, walking a bit closer. He takes your hand and pulls you gently into the shot.

"Hey," you say timidly, all your nerves boiling up inside you.

"This is my girlfriend, Y/n. She's been living with me and Phil for about a month now, as some of you might know from her channel, (channel name), and my liveshows. Tell them what you're like, Y/n!"

"Umm... I'm a socially awkward twenty one year old girl (just imagine yourself being twenty one if you aren't already idek) from (your home town). I spot innuendos way too easily, and spend most of my time making inappropriate jokes, using the internet, and sleeping. That's i-"

"She's also beautiful, smart, funny, adorable and completely DANtastic," Dan cuts in, grinning at you.

You feel your cheeks heat up and you look down to hide it.

"I bet at least a quarter of your viewers internally groaned at that, Dan," you say, laughing.

"And on that happy note, I think we're going to go. Make sure to subscribe to Y/n! I'll leave her channel links below," he says, pointing to the floor, where the bottom of the video would be.

"And subscribe to Dan, too, if you haven't already!" you say cheerfully.

Dan waits a few seconds, then leans forward to turn the camera off. He turns back to you and smiles.

"I think we did pretty well, considering we didn't really know what to do," he says.

You laugh. "Yeah, it was good."

He leans in and kisses you softly on the lips. You put your arms around his neck, not thinking. He flinches back slightly.

"Oh, sorry," you apologise awkwardly, moving them down to his shoulders.

"It's okay," he softly replies , kissing you again.

*le time skip*

"What do you guys want for lunch?" you ask Dan and Phil.

"We're all going out for lunch," Phil replies, looking confused. "Did Dan not tell you?"

You glance at Dan, who looks guilty.

"Oops...?" he says, making an overexaggerated shrug.

"I guess not, then," Phil says, grinning at you and Dan.

"Y/n, we're going out for lunch today with Louise and Zoe," Dan tells you, closing his laptop and sitting up from his browsing position. "There, I told you."

You smile and roll your eyes. "Okay. What time are we going?"

"In about half an hour," Phil says, searching the sofa for the TV remote.

After a moment's hesitation, you get up and say, "I'm going to go and get ready."

"Alright. Dan, want to play Mario Kart?" Phil asks.

"Hell yeah!" you hear Dan exclaim as you leave the room.

*le time skip*

You stand in front of your mirror and pull down the hem of your maroon short sleeved, medium length dress.

You fix your h/c hair and slip on your black converse and leather jacket.

You check your appearance for about the fifth time (not to sound vain or anything), then walk out.

Dan walks down the hallway on his phone. He looks up and takes in your appearance. His eyes widen.

"You're the most beautiful girl in the world..." he breathes.

You blush and dip your head, looking at him through your lashes. "You cheeseball. But thanks."

Phil pokes his head around the living room doorway. "You guys nearly ready..." He trails off as he sees you. "You look amazing, Y/n."

"Thanks, Phil," you reply, grinning, and the heat returning to your cheeks once more. You pull out your phone and check the time. "We have to go now. Are you ready, Dan? Phil?"

"Yeah," Phil replies.

Dan says, "Let's go."

*le time skip... again :3*

You spot Louise and Zoe in the restaurant, sitting at a table near the window.

You wave to them, and Zoe waves back, then nudges Louise and says something to her.

You walk inside, followed by Dan and Phil. A bored looking waitress comes up to the entrance.

"You want a table, or what?" she asks in a monotone voice, chewing on some gum.

"Our friends have a table already. They're just over there," Phil says, pointing over to Zoe and Louise.

"Oh really?" she asks, slouching.

"Yes," Zoe says firmly, coming up behind her and smiling at you, Dan and Phil. She gives the waitress a glare and gestures for you to follow her to the table.

"Jesus, the service is terrible," Dan mutters.

"I know," Phil says, nodding in agreement. "She's a turnip."

You cover your mouth to stop yourself from laughing. "Yes, yes she is."