Visitors

When you get back to the living room, Dan rubs his hands together.

"Cold?" you ask, grinning.

"A bit. But I'll warm up," he replies.

"Here, I'll help," you say, taking both his hands in yours. They feel like ice.

"A bit cold? Dan, you're freezing!"

"Am I?" He pauses. "Ooh, you're nice and warm. Thanks," he says.

You chuckle. "No problem."

Dan looks at you. His eyes flit from your eyes to your lips. You know already what he's thinking. You lean forward and peck him on the cheek. He looks confused and slightly hurt.

"Later. I'm haaangry," you say.

"Fine. I'll hold you to your word then," he says, winking at you.

You laugh lightly and go off to the kitchen to make some cereal.

*le time skip*

You finish your cereal and set the empty bowl on the coffee table.

"I'm going to get changed. I'll be back in a minute," you tell Dan.

"Okay," he replies, smiling at you.

You leave the room, go into yours, and change into your pyjamas. You slip a big hoodie over the top and go back into the living room.

Dan smiles at you when you come in and lifts up his arm for you to snuggle into him.

You plop down next to him and snuggle into him. He strokes your hair.

You get so comfortable in his arms that your eyelids start to droop and you find yourself falling asleep.

*le time skip to next day cus why not*

You jump at the sound of your alarm going off. Your hand searches the bedside table for the snooze button.

You finally find it, yawn, and sit up.

You realise that Effie never told you what time your mum was coming over. Or, you never asked, at least.

You feel scared. You hope that she'll like Dan, but at the same time, don't care. She can't influence you anymore.

"Morning!" Phil says, bursting the door open.

"Hi," you reply tiredly, rubbing your eyes. "Where's Dan?"

"Probably on his laptop, knowing him."

"Of course," you say, rolling your eyes.

You creep into Dan's room.

He is, as Phil said, on his laptop. He doesn't see you.

You crawl on the floor until you're right next to his bed, then you jump up and shout, "Boo!"

He jumps violently, and you collapse in a fit of laughter.

"You're even jumpier than me!" you exclaim, wiping the tears away.

"Shut up," he replies grumpily.

"Would you like some coffee?" you ask.

"Yeah, please," Dan says, pulling you in for a quick kiss. You kiss him back, then pull away.

"I'll see you in a few minutes! Get dressed. I don't know when mum's coming over... you certainly can't be in your underwear when she does!" you call, walking down the hallway to the kitchen.

You make Dan some coffee and go up to his door. You knock three times.

"Room service!" you chirp.