And So It Begins...

You're woken up by the sound of car engines and birds chirping merrily. You open your eyes and find yourself confused at the unfamiliar surroundings. Where are you?

The memory of yesterday's happenings comes back to you, and you remember you're in a different house to your mum.

Okay, so I haven't been kidnapped or anything. Phew, you think.

You look at the time on your phone. It's 10:30am.

Not thaaattt bad, considering that you'd woken up the past few days at 1:15 ish. Oops...? Yeah, your mum didn't approve of your lie-ins at all.

You push the negative thoughts of her out of your mind. You don't want to think about her unless it's absolutely necessary. You suddenly remember that you have to go shopping for more food today, seeing as the landlord probably won't.

You shower and change quickly into a black hoodie, Fall Out Boy tshirt, and black skinny jeans. You put a few bracelets on and do some quick makeup.

When you're ready, you open your laptop and check your social media websites for any new notifications. On Facebook, the message icon has '47' above it in a little red bubble.

47 messages?!

You find yourself puzzled. You've never had this many messages all at once before, as far as you can remember.

Just as you're beginning to think you're popular, you realise that they're all from your mum. She couldn't have just sent 47 messages asking how you are, so you come to the conclusion that she's angry.

But why would she be angry? you ask yourself.

Ohhh. You forgot to contact her last night and tell her how you are. Knowing her, she's probably annoyed about that.

It doesn't make any sense. She acts like she doesn't care about you (for example, leaving so hurriedly yesterday), and then she gets mad at you for not calling her.

Just like all of your problems, you decide to deal with it later. Maybe then, you'll want to talk to her, although you doubt it.

You grab your car keys off the bedside table and your coat off the end of the bed, going downstairs and driving to the supermarket.

Then you realise you don't know where the supermarket is, seeing as you've never been here before. You set up the Sat Nav to direct you to the nearest one, which is about fifteen minutes away.

You ignite the engine and find yourself looking at the house opposite yours again, where you saw the face yesterday. Or, where you think you saw the face. You remind yourself that you were probably hallucinating.

A few minutes later, you're on a quieter road, with not as much traffic. You're glad - the traffic in the centre of the city is horrible. There are too many people who drive everywhere at around 40mph, no matter what the speed limit is. Like, seriously. Get a grip...

Okay, maybe that was a bit harsh.

You start singing along to Troye Sivan's 'Happy Little Pill', occasionally checking the Sat Nav to see if you're going the right way or not. Luckily, you are.

Suddenly, a black car drives out in front of you.

You slam on the brakes in panic, making your car lurch violently and throw you forward a bit in your seat. You hear a crunching sound. Oh, no.

You curse and put your car's warning lights on, getting out of it and closing the door. The driver in front of you gets out too. You don't look at them, just examine the damage.

Fortunately, your car isn't completely destroyed, it just has a medium sized dent above the left headlight. The other car is worse, sporting a large dent and a scratch near the right-hand brake light.

The driver next to you curses repeatedly under his breath, then sighs loudly. "Why the f*** can't you look where you're going?!" he says to you angrily.

All the anger wells up inside you at his unjust words. "Why can't I look where I'm going? I had right of way, thank you very much!" you exclaim furiously. "If you could have just looked where you were going, this wouldn't have happened!"

You look over at him and your heart does that flippy over thing. That's not - is it? It is - it's Dan Howell.

Oh my god.

He has dark brown hair, styled into a fringe, dimples and brown eyes. He's wearing black skinny jeans, a grey tshirt and a black jacket. He sweeps his hair out of his eyes, and you glimpse black earrings in his ears.

He looks over at you, anger in his eyes. "Take a picture, it'll last longer," he scoffs, looking at you for a few more seconds then looking back at his car.

You blush instantly in embarrassment. "Sorry... I'll pay for the damage for your car."

What are you saying, Y/n? It was his fault. Just because he's internet 'famous' doesn't make everything okay.

Dan sighs deeply. "You'd better. This car wasn't cheap. Why were you even driving so recklessly?"

Your face flushes angrily. "Oh, so I'm the one driving recklessly?"

"Yeah, couldn't you have just waited a few more seconds for me to turn in? But no, I guess that's too hard for you to comprehend, because you're obviously so much better than everyone else, aren't you?" he snaps.

"Okay, what the hell is your problem?! You don't even know me, and yet you're making all these insults to my personality. What's wrong with you?!" you exclaim.

Dan doesn't reply, crossing his arms and looking away from you like a grumpy child.

"Cat got your tongue?" you mock. "Poor ickle boy, couldn't look where he was going on the road, aww, how sweet."

"Can you just stop?!" he says suddenly, turning around to look at you furiously. His expression softens a bit, and he sighs again. "I'm sorry, okay?"

Your anger subsides a little, and you come to the harsh realisation that all the cruel things you've said have been unnecessary on the whole and extremely hurtful. "I'm sorry too. Saying all those things wasn't a good thing to do on my part. I'll pay for the damage if you like."

"No, I will. It was completely my fault," Dan replies, looking at the pavement and kicking at a bit of gravel. His kick was too forceful, however, so the small stone flies in the air and hits a car coming past, making a 'clang!' sound.

Dan swears under his breath and says "Sorry!" to the angry looking woman in the driver's seat. She slows down, and then pulls over.

"F***," Dan says again, a look of fear on his face. He runs over to his car and gets in, starting the engine and pulling out onto the road again. He rolls down his window and waves to you briefly, then drives away.

Your brow furrows in confusion as you watch his car go down the road and disappear from your sight.

"Excuse me!" a woman's voice says angrily, bringing you out of your daydream. You look over to see a rather business-like looking lady walking over to you, her hands on her hips.

For a few seconds, your feet are rooted to the spot, and in those few seconds you decide to do what Dan did - to drive away. It's rude, but you really don't want to talk to this woman.

You get into your car quickly and put your seat belt on, driving away as quick as you can.

Well, that was eventful, you think to yourself.

a/n: mmm what a good ending hahaha (good joke sophie 11/10)