"And you know how much I hate public appearances, so shall we do this together?" His eyes caught mine now, his blue eyes holding the attention of my brown ones.

"I wish Brit was here."

Britain's always been my rock, he could get me through this. But, similarly to Jamie, he despised public appearances.

The other night, after Bailey and Caleigh went to bed, I stumbled into the bathroom and facetimed him. It may have been after 3am here, but it was only about 7pm back in LA. My brother facetimed me for hours, letting me rant and cry and then offering his brotherly advice.

I'd kill for a hug from him right now.

"I understand, but I can be your substitute big brother for the night." Now Jamie was smiling, reaching his arm out to me.

I smiled back, linking my arm with his.

Someone announced us and the two of us made our way out onto the carpet. We posed for pictures together, even doing the occasional interview with each other as well. Sure, some interviewers would ask for us separately and we'd oblige. But, Jamie would make sure to always wait for me before continuing on.

Britain would be proud of him for sure.

The sound of paparazzi and interviews calling all of our names incessantly had my nerves dialed to 11. It didn't help that I somehow always heard when they'd call for Jack.

And, me being me, all broken hearted from my breakup all because of the curly haired boy, I kept glancing over at him. Hopefully no one noticed how my glances weren't just glances but longing stares. Kit's little speech had me hopeful.

I really hope that I don't fool myself into thinking he has feelings for me (again).

Jamie tugged at my hand, urging me to follow him further down the carpet. Somewhere along the line, Jamie and I had switched from holding arms to holding hands. The action had helped with my nerves.

"Stop staring at him." Jamie whispered in my ear as we strolled closer toward the building the premier would take place in.

"I can't help it."

I looked back once more, only this time, Jack was already staring back at me. Fuck. Of course he was looking this time.

Eventually, we made it inside and were ushered directly backstage. Within about 20 minutes, everyone was seated and Jim was onstage introducing us all. It didn't take long, but I did want to refuse to walk out when they called me out directly after Jack.

Which only meant i'd have to stand directly next to him.

That only lasted about 5 minutes before Jim freed us to sit down. Jamie helped me down the stairs, making sure I didn't fall, before leaving me to walk to my seat unassisted.

A smile stretched across my lips when I saw Caleigh waiting on the front row for me. But the smile quickly faded when Jack sat down with a seat between him and Caleigh, meaning that that seat was left for me.

I sent the girl a panicked look.

Without a second thought, she stood up and scooted over, placing herself as a barrier between me and Jack. She truly was the best assistant.

I sat in Caleigh's previous seat, hopeful that our rearrangement of seating wasn't suspicious.

I did, however, make the mistake of looking over toward Jack after sitting down. His eyes were already on me, except all I saw was a look of sadness. Those damn eyes that I once loved staring into now creating a pit in my stomach.

hollanddalton posted a photo!

Liked by jasminsavoy, jennaortega, and othershollanddaltonAvatar: the Way of Water London premier

hollanddalton
Avatar: the Way of Water London premier.

Once in a lifetime experience, blessed to be a part of it. Go see the movie 13 years in the making on December 16!

#avatarthewayofwater

view all comments

devyn_nekoda holy moly
jasminsavoy literally drooling over here
hollanddalton omg stop you 2 make me blush🙊

jennaortega damn.
caleigh excuse me, ma'am
jennaortega i'm not sorry for this one, babe
caleigh i mean, H is super hot so i'll let this one pass

joelocke03 proud of you, love!

kit.connor stunning, Hols. mega proud

jamieflatters my carpet partner!! love you forever, Hols💙
hollanddalton forever thankful for you!!
caleigh alexa, play ✨that should be me✨
jamieflatters why do you want alexa to play that song??
caleigh oh my god

sebastiancroft 🥵🥵🥵

britaindalton proud of you, sis!! can't wait to rock the LA carpet with you

zoesaldana BEAUTIFUL MY LOVELY

masonthegooding ok ok looking good!!

baileybass omg can i be you when i grow up??
hollanddalton you're literally older than me?ahaha

jackchampion beautiful, H💙
comment deleted!

user1 wtf did anyone see Jack's comment before he deleted it !!!
user2 I DID I DID !!
user1 bold of him to comment that when she's dating kit💀
user3 but kit didn't go to the premier with her... are they even still together??
user2 oh geez i hope not, kit's so far out of her league i'm not sure how she landed him

comments have been disabled !

&& they're off to LA after this
and that's where things start
getting good !!