5- Half Moon I

Nothing's really different

It's the same air
It's the same bed
Looking at the same ceiling

Why do I feel so empty
For no reason at all
It's been a few hours
Since I've been spacing out

Tiffany sighed out her thoughts for the nth time that night as she carefully sat up on her bed. Thinking she was losing sleep because of the hunger she could even barely feel, she got up and went straight to the kitchen. Her pair of hands unknowingly made her favorite she hadn't dare to make in a while. Probably because it was also her favorite.

The last time she cooked tomato spaghetti was also the last time she talked to her best friend.

Once she was done, she settled herself in one of her kitchen stool. She immediately twisted her fork to wind up her spaghetti before she lifted it close to her mouth. Just before it made a contact with her lips, she let her fork to free fall off her slim fingers. The fork and the white plate clinked, followed by a sigh as she pushed the plate away.

No way, there was no way she felt hungry. That wasn't it.

Tiffany's hands that were covering her face moved down to her filled stomach. Her palm traced its every outline as she let out another sigh. She felt like it had grown bigger since the second she left her bed few minutes ago.

In the end Tiffany left her untouched food froze to cold on top of the kitchen counter as she tried to entertain herself with her television. She flipped channel through channel, catching a glimpse of cheap soap operas, laughter filled comedy shows, and many more. But it was all just the same. There was no meaning. She had enough of it and decided to press the power button.

Her room fell into complete silence.

And once again she could see her reflection on the TV's old screen. Her eyes travelled down to the protruding stomach under her thick sweater. She laid her palm once again on it and travelled every sides.

"Baby-yah.. come out healthily and accompany mommy, okay? It's too quiet here alone. After you grow up, mommy can cook you tomato spaghetti too if you want. Maybe you'll also like it"

--

On a night without you
Even when the moon is up
I can't see it
It's hidden by thoughts of you

Just like you can't make a fair call
If your heart is slanted
Just because you're not here
There's no way I should be like this
But I keep going back to those times

That night too, Taeyeon couldn't see the moon no matter how long she had been staring through her room window. She kept on going back to those times where she used to talk to her best friend under the shining moonlight, until it got tired and let the sun continue its job.

In the place where you used to be
I can see the night sky
That half-full moon
Looks just like me right now

The moon used to be full every night. She had been together with her best friend since they were literally crawling around in their diapers. But she couldn't even see the moon now. The last time she saw the half of the moon was the last time she ate tomato spaghetti, and also the last time she heard her voice.

With a frustrated sigh, Taeyeon stood up from her bed to grab her coat that was hanging on the wall before she stormed out of her stale apartment.

Wrapped around the piercing cold night air, Taeyeon ran her heart out in search of her half moon. It has been too long. She thought that she had to run for it in order to find it.