Chapter 25 - Hope

Start from the beginning

Completely ignoring his politeness, Taranza touched her chest hoping that he would feel their weird version of a heart beat. But like the soundtrack, it was completely nonexistent...

"D-don't leave me, I n-need you. I can't do this w-without you." The arachnid cried onto her lifeless body, tightly holding her hand while doing so. 

He kept doing that for what seemed to be hours, but he had no plans of stopping. "Remember that t-time when I said it was o-only a simple crush?" His low and muffled voice was the only thing holding him back from soaking her clothes.

Despite everything showing that she was dead for good, Taranza insisted that she still had a chance. If losing one loved one managed to break him for years, imagine what a second one would do...

"W-well, that's no longer the case. I. I-I..." He couldn't say it, the realization of the occurring events prevented him from having positive feelings.  

"I love you." Boom. He finally broke and cried uncontrollably. The best thing that happened in his life after the tragedy of years ago was just... gone. "At f-first I didn't believe it, I thought it was only my mind playing tricks." Each time a small smile dared to appear on his face, the sadness inside of him made sure to make it disappear.

Once he said that, Void stopped and wanted to see what was happening, how many tragedies it caused. "YES, continue. Let the darkness take over your heart, become the villain you are bound to be." Its eyes twitched with excitement.

"This is all my fault." The spider tried to wipe his tears away, but they were endless... "If I wasn't the wimpy coward I am, my emotions wouldn't prevent me from teleporting. T-therefore, she wouldn't have to save me." He delicately held her cheek with one of his hands and rubbed his thumb on it. 

"She- I m-mean... You would still be-" Void smiled at the mess the two 'friends' were. One was about to flood the arena, while the other was soon becoming a lifeless corpse. 

"That's right, Taranza." The god in white floated around them. "This is your fault and your fault only." It started chuckling. "You are a loser, a complete joke. You will spend the rest of your life knowing that you could have done something, but you didn't..." Its grin was as big as its body.

The white orb kept making him reach the limit of his grief. "You've placed your faith in me, prayed so I would make your life better. I only did this to show YOU that HAPPY ENDINGS DON'T EXIST!" 

The three cavities on Void's body spun around it while it laughed and laughed. It didn't even notice Kirby and his three best friends landing a few meters behind it. However, even the wisest people couldn't tell what was about to happen.

Taranza closed his eyes and made a fist with the hand that was holding Zan's. He took a deep breath before facing the god itself. Suddenly, the arachnid emanated a purple aura and his white eyes began to glow.

With a scream of rage, Taranza canalized all of his magic into one powerful punch. The attack caused Void to be pushed several miles until it crashed into a floating platform, forcing Dedede to duck to avoid getting hit.

The spider breathed heavily as the glow faded away, getting four pairs of surprised eyes. Right as Taranza fell on his 'knees' and sobbed into his hands, Kirby looked at him with a sad expression. The puffball's eyes widened once he saw the girl in yellow.

Kirby wasted no time and ran towards her, but he was stopped by Dedede. "Stop, Kirby. We can't do anything to help." While it looked like the king of Dreamland had a serious face, he was holding back sadness.

Meta Knight patted the poor spider on the back as a way of comfort while Bandana Dee lowered his head.

"Come on, we have a villain to stop." The bird slowly nodded to himself, getting an 'okay' from the pink ball right after. "Waddle dee! Ya stay here and protect the two girls." He pointed towards the collapsed mage sisters.