Chapter 48

It was the evening before the big day, the evening before Kim Namjoon's and Kim Seokjin's grand wedding. Everything was ready and set- the grooms' suits were delivered to them two days ago, Kookie's suit was delivered that morning, the venue for the wedding and the decorations were perfect, the hotel they booked for the reception was perfect, the menu and the cake were sure to blow everyone's minds and taste buds and everyone was excited. Well everyone except for Kim Seokjin who was curled up on the bed, a pout resting on his lips and tears threatening to fall at any moment as he holds his phone to his ear. 'I can't believe they did this, how can they do this?' he asked the person on the other side of the call and he hears a sad sigh from the other end, 'I really don't know either baby, but please don't cry love,' 'I'm not c-crying, I'm just sad.' Jin then moved around in his bed to find a more comfortable position, letting out a frustrated huff as he couldn't seem to find one and the tears he was desperately holding back now flowed freely down his cheeks. 'Are you okay love? What's wrong?' Namjoon asked worriedly over the phone, deeply worried about his soon to be husband, 'I can't find a comfortable position to lie down,' the doctor weakly answered as he sniffled a few times and tried to wipe his tears that are not stopping any time soon. 'Oh honey, why don't you try using a pillow to cushion your lower back hmm?' 'I tried, it's not working! I c-can only sleep well when you're with me no matter the position,' Jin whined as more tears made their way down his cheeks while Namjoon does everything he can (only sweet talking him through the phone) to try and calm his lover down which he somehow succeeded after half an hour of coaxing the pregnant male who had to hang up because his bladder apparently hates him and because he also needed a snack.

The moment Jin hangs up, Namjoon walked out of his room and headed straight to his parents' room, entering only after his father had let out a come in. 'Do you need anything son?' Young-jae asked as he noticed how restless the CEO looked, 'I can't do it,' Namjoon said instead making his parents confused, 'You can't do what Joonie?' Ji-hoon carefully asks as he tries to understand what his son meant by I can't do it. 'I can't stay away from Jin. I know it's tradition that we can't see each other before the wedding and you have shortened the nights from three to two, but he was crying and he hasn't gotten enough sleep since last night,' Namjoon explained as his eyes got teary thinking about his lovely fiance who had been crying on the phone. 'So you want to go to your sweet Jinnie?' Ji-hoon asked with a soft smile as his son nodded, 'I promise I won't even stay over, I'll just be with him until he falls asleep so please let me go,' 'Okay we can't bear to see you both so sad before your wedding so you can go and I'll call Hyun-woo to inform him you're going there and you'll reach around 11 so he'll be expecting you and also Im will be driving you there,' Young-jae said as he looked at the clock on his nightstand that read 9:15 PM. Namjoon's face immediately lit up as he got permission from his father to go to his fiance, 'Thank you appa oh and can you tell appa not to tell Jinnie, I want to surprise him,' 'Of course, now go to your darling and you better be here before 8 AM tomorrow morning or else Kook will look for you,' 'Okay bye appa, papa, I love you and goodnight,' 'Goodnight Joon, drive safe and we love you too,' Ji-hoon said as he watched his son race out of their room. 'He's just like you, I remember you sneaking into my room the night before our wedding,' 'Well I missed my Ji-hoonie so much,' Young-jae answered with a chuckle as he brought his husband closer to him and pecked his lips lovingly, 'I love you honey,' Ji-hoon said before his husband captured his lips into a kiss once again, 'I love you more my sweetheart,' Young-jae said and continued kissing his lovely husband- it was safe to say that the elder Kims had a long and loving night.

Meanwhile, Namjoon was almost at the Kim's Estate when his phone rang and when he saw it was his father-in-law's caller ID he immediately picked up. 'Hello appa,' 'Hey Joon, is it okay to talk or are you driving?' 'It's fine appa, Im is actually driving me,' 'Okay so we did not tell Jin anything as you've requested and we just wanted to know where you are,' 'I'm almost at your place, about half an hour more appa,' 'Okay then we'll see you soon son,' 'See you soon appa,' and he hung up the phone, eagerly waiting to finally be with his soon to be husband. 'Boss are you excited for tomorrow?' Mr Im asked with a smile, 'Very, I can't believe I can finally call my angel my husband. He's the best thing that has happened to Kookie and to me, he's brought us so much love and joy that I can't even explain,' Namjoon answered his driver with an excited tone filled with love and adoration and then he looked at his driver and smiled kindly at the older man, 'Im, thank you for driving me,' 'It's my pleasure boss. Besides I didn't want you to be tired on your big day,' Mr Im replied with a wide smile on his face, 'I'm really happy for you boss, you deserve Mr Kim and he deserves you. You're both just meant for each other, from your good hearts to your strength. Congratulations Boss,' he added proudly because he meant every single word and Namjoon felt his sincerity, 'Thank you Im, and I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow with your mother and sister,' Namjoon said and his driver nodded happily. After their conversation, the drive went by quietly and before they knew it, the Kims' Estate was in sight and the CEO had a bright smile on his face as his heart beats faster in anticipation to finally see his beautiful angel after being separated for two days and one night.