Chapter 39

Jin and Namjoon were walking hand in hand in the streets of Seom, a smile plastered on their faces as they were having talks about their son and future family. Everything was so serene and calm, the weather was perfect- clear blue sky with no hints of clouds whatsoever, cool breeze passing through that made the summer heat bearable and the streets were not busy like it would usually be every Sunday afternoon. Suddenly, in the middle of their walk the doctor felt a shiver run down his spine as he saw a man whose face was covered with a mask but his eyes held a sinister look as he waved at him from a distance, then he slowly took off the mask and threw it on the ground making Jin freeze in his steps because he recognised that man. Zico. The doctor immediately stopped in his tracks, his hands sweating and his whole body trembling from fear but yet he couldn't open his mouth to tell his fiance that Zico was right across the street. Namjoon on the other hand noticed that Jin had stopped walking and when he turned to look at him, he saw the fear in his eyes and his trembling figure but before he could ask anything, Jin yelled, 'Nooo!! Joonie get out of the w- no!' and all Namjoon could feel was a sharp pain from his back and abdomen as he collapsed to the cold ground.

Jin's eyes widened in horror the moment he saw Zico running to his fiance the moment he turned to look at him, with a machete in his hand and running at the speed of light, a sinister look on his face. 'Nooo!! Joonie get out of the w- no!' he tried to yell at his fiance but alas his heart shattered in pieces as he saw Zico drove the machete into Namjoon's body- piercing it from his back to his abdomen and he watched as his love fell to the ground looking lifeless. 'NAMJOON!! WAKE UP LOVE WAKE UP!! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME NAMJOON!!' Jin sobbed and yelled as he got to the ground and hugged his fiance to his chest, tears of hurt flowing through his face as he saw how pale his lover had gotten and the gush of blood flowing out of his wound. 'FUCKING CALL THE AMBULANCE PLEASE!' He screamed at the onlookers but no one seemed to care as he continued sobbing his heart out as his Namjoon laid lifeless in his arms. Jin just knew he was no longer alive as there was no pulse nor was his love breathing. He wailed in sorrow, lamenting the murder of his fiance but suddenly he was pulled harshly away from Namjoon's body- a knife was held to his throat as Zico laughed in his ear, 'Well now Kim Namjoon is finally dead and you're mine,' he whispered creepily as his hands started to roam all over his body making Jin feel sick and disgusted. He could do nothing but yell at the man to stop and to let him go to his Joonie but nothing worked- his cries and pleads went in vain as he struggled to free himself from the man's grip to be close to his Joonie.

As Jin continued to struggle in Zico's grip suddenly he heard a very familiar voice calling out his name, telling him to wake up and that's when he suddenly opened his eyes and sat up immediately. His chest was heaving up and down violently, his forehead was damped with sweat and his cheeks were tear strained- he looked around, he was no longer in the streets of Seom nor was a man holding him and that was when he realised it was all a dream, a horrifying nightmare. 'Baby?' Namjoon softly called out, scared that any loud sound can trigger his love again and then Jin immediately turned to Joon and threw himself on him, sobbing once again in his fiance's arms. 'It was so bad Joonie, it w-was s-so real I-I t-thought I r-real-ly lost y-you,' the doctor managed to say through his sobs as his lover had brought him onto his lap and rocked him back and forth like he would a child, all the while gently rubbing his sides to calm him down. 'I'm here love, I'm here. Calm down my love it's just a dream,' the elder whispered softly in hopes that his love will stop trembling. Namjoon had been asleep when Jin started moving in his sleep, almost as if he was struggling and then he started crying and grunting- tears streaming out of his eyes. The elder quickly sat up and knew that his baby was having a nightmare so he called out his name gently at first but Jin didn't wake up, instead he kept thrashing on the bed making Namjoon very worried. Then he tried shaking his shoulders but still Jin didn't open his eyes but he was still crying and struggling, 'Jinnie come on baby, please wake up sweetheart. Jinnie, Jin wake up love,' and that's when his lover opened his eyes and Namjoon could see the fear and panic in them, making his heart hurt. And now, as he held him close to his chest trying to calm him down, he just felt really sorry for what his fiance has to go through.