Chapter 58

{Ending 2: Tw, death, blood, gore, etc..}

Fear shot through every vein in y/n's body, it was the only thing that kept him going at the moment. It was the only reason he was running and trying to reach the battle field. 

The fear of losing more of his loved ones..

The fear of failing his mission. 

How could he not feel it? He was a six year old who decided to take the responsibility of someone who could've been years old than him. All he had was himself and his abilities, he couldn't bring himself to include other people. 

But that was fine, he didn't need help. That was how he thought about it. 

He didn't need help, he could do it, just like how he managed to do everything else before the war. It's always been like that even if it didn't seem like it. He was always doing things on his own without the help of anyone, no matter how much he needed it, it's always been the same.

Fighting through his sickness, he did alone for many months until the doctors put the unexperimented 'antidote' into his body making him go up against the healing poison that created the first demon.

His slow learning. Despite his constant frustration he didn't bring up the fact that he was upset that he was slow in learning basic things like speaking properly, due to his sickness causing him to become extremely weak, he barely had time earlier to learn the basics.

Helping his family, he chose to do without them having to ask for it. They were the only reason he managed to win the fight, he chose to keep silent about his internal fights and pains all because his family was already struggling enough, he got through it alone. 

His training, he began alone. Urokodaki caught him training on his own, yes, but how long was he training for before the older man found out? Days. Y/n spent days on his own doing trainings without any guide, alone he would suffer with cramps and bruises silently because he didn't want his brother to worry.

His anxiety, he dealt with it alone. After those times where he slipped up and had panic attacks in front of others he taught himself how to deal with it. He would keep his mask on and panic on his own, not wanting the world to see his weak mind state behind his happy exterior. He didn't want to fail his family because he got scared of even the smallest things. 

His depression, he kept to himself. It was obvious that he would gain it sooner than later, but he refused to let it show on the outside, making excuses such as being tired to hide his true feelings. He was caught by the butterfly girls and the water hashira yes, but there was no doubt that he had done such acts before. He felt empty and as if he wasn't real, so hurting himself was the only source of comfort he had to prove that he was still in this world.

His battles, he fought alone. Y/n admired the abilities his higher-ups had and wanted to be like them, but when it came to fighting demons, he would constantly blank out and fight almost unconsciously. Those thoughts he had on planning the next move, they weren't his. It was something he couldn't control but went along with it anyways even though he had higher chances of losing. 

His physical disabilities? They were non-existent to those around him, not wanting them to look down on him even more because he wasn't able to fight off those demons efficiently. He wanted to be someone his siblings could rely on, so how could he admit his flaws if he wanted that?

Y/n was going to do fine on his own, cause in his head he was just a sacrifice to be made. The happiness and peace of those he cared about relied on him, and he would be more than willing to throw away his life for them. 

For the first time in his life, he was the main character in his own story. 

But not all stories come with happy endings.