Chapter 33

I'm back at schoooool- It's honestly exhausting but I get good education so it's worth it.

So this is a continuation from last chapter and then the next chapter will be the AU. I'm torturing myself by writing this- It makes me feel bad for y/n-

Italics and bold= Memories

Italics= In the mind

Bold= Negative thoughts

~~~

Muichiro was now laying in his futon while being treated by y/n. You might be wondering how y/n won, well it's simple.

.

"Give me my sword." Muichiro held out his hand with a glare.

Y/n looked at him feeling intimidated but didn't give in. "No, Shinobu-sama said for you to rest."

"...Tch. Don't tell me what to do." Y/n's voice was rather quiet and Muichiro only heard him say 'no' and 'rest'.

Caw!

"As much as I disagree with the child, Shinobu said for you to rest to get better! Caw!" Ginko reluctantly agreed not wanting her owner to get even more sick.

Muichiro was quiet for a while, probably thinking, but when he looked back at y/n he was confused. "Who are you? And what was I doing?"

'He has a bad memory...' Even though y/n felt terrible for what he was about to do, it would help Muichiro. "My name is y/n Kamado, and I was helping you get rest because you're sick!"

.

Y/n still felt bad for using Muichiro's bad memory to his advantage but at least it was for a good reason...right?

'No, it was wrong. I should never take advantage of anything or anyone...Maybe I took advantage of something and that made the others dislike me.'

Overthinking at a age like this was not healthy, but y/n didn't want to talk about it. He always thought that telling someone else his problems would burden them.

He placed a wet clothe on Muichiro's head as a feeling of nostalgia hit him. 'Takeo...Hanako..' A sad smile made it's way onto y/n's face.

.

"I said I'm fine.!" Takeo stubbornly said while trying to walk out of the room. Him and Hanako had gotten sick but he refused to rest.

But unlike Takeo, Hanako wasn't able to get up, her legs were sore and her head ached.

Tanjiro, Nezuko and Kie tried to get him to calm down and rest but it didn't work. "Fwuahh.."

Y/n entered the house and saw Takeo struggling to walk without swaying tiredly. "Eh? Takeo-nii, sick?"

Everyone turned to the four year old, Takeo slightly tensed up. He knew y/n wouldn't be gentle like his older siblings and mother.

"No, I'm fi-ne.!" There was a crack in his voice, giving him away.

"Hm..!" Y/n launched himself at Takeo with little hesitation and began to wrestle with his older brother. "Go, sleep! Rest to be better!"

Tanjiro and Nezuko quickly came to Takeo's aid and released him from the second youngest's grasp. "You know, y/n's right. You should rest for today, Takeo."

Unable to get back up, Takeo finally gave in and let his family look after him.

.

"See y/n? You do this to help their temperature get back to normal. And you do this so they don't have to overwork themselves."

Y/n decided to stay inside and help 'heal' his two sick older siblings. "Ohh, Okay!" He picked up the clothe, squeezing out the water and then placed on the sleeping Takeo's head gently.

.

Caw..

Ginko was observing y/n's every move just to make sure he doesn't do anything bad. She saw the saddened look on the boy's face but didn't question it.

Muichiro eventually fell asleep, feeling very comfortable in his futon and the clothe on his head made him feel even more comfy.

Light snores were heard from the sick boy, making y/n sigh in relief. 'He's asleep...in the morning he should have his medicine.'

Knock.

Knock..

Y/n turned towards the door. 'Who could that be?' He walked to the door and opened it slightly to peak outside. "Who is it?"

A large figure towered over the boy and bird. It was Gyomei the stone pillar. "I have come to deliver some food for Muichiro.." His deep voice reached y/n's ears, making him open the door completely.

"You're the child from the meeting..What might you be doing here?" Gyomei knew it was y/n, but something in his aura seemed to change.

Y/n used to have this bright red aura with a bit of blue, but now his aura was slightly dull and there was purple mixed in with it too.

"Oh, I'm just here to look after him...He should be better in two days.." Even his voice sounded dull but he tried to make it seem alright.

It was silent for a bit before Gyomei made a decision. "I will stay and help you look after Muichiro. I believe you will need a helping hand."

'He doesn't trust me..' Y/n smiled, even though Gyomei couldn't see it, and moved out of the man's way. "Okay, thank you.."

.

Knock.

Knock.

"Y/n? Hello?" Aoi opened the door to the room and saw nobody there. "What.?"

"My, my~ Aoi, what are you doing here? Y/n went to the mist Hashira's estate." Shinobu spoke appearing behind the confused girl.

"Oh.? When did he go?"

"Why, last night. I think he wanted to look after the mist pillar!" A vein popped up on her head remembering how y/n just took off without saying anything about it.

"Oh..."

Aoi held a saddened expression on her face, her and the others were gonna make time to spend with y/n but he was somewhere else. She walked over to the group and told them about y/n.

"I see.." Tanjiro looked down sadly. "But I guess he felt lonely.."

.

"Say 'ah'!" Y/n held a spoon to Muichiro's mouth trying to feed him. "Just eat one? Please?"

Caw!

Ginko held back from attacking y/n 'cause she knew he was trying to help, but that didn't change the fact that she didn't like how he was telling Muichiro what to do.

Gyomei sat down near them, he tried to convince Muichiro to eat but failed. "...If you don't eat, I'll cook your bird."

Muichiro immediately opened his mouth and accepted the food. "There, that wasn't hard! Now another one!" Y/n continued to cheer him on.

And right then and there, y/n had earned the trust and respect of the mist and stone pillars.

~~~

~Taisho secrets~

-Muichiro sees y/n and recognizes him.

-Gyomei wanted to stay and help y/n 'cause a child can't deal with everything alone.

I am rushing so please enjoy this chapter^^!

Have a nice day/afternoon/night^^!

Published: 14/07/22

Word count: 1041