Chapter 43

Bonding with Mitsuri^^!

Italics and bold= Memories

~~~

Mitsuri awed at the young boy in front of her, internally squealing about how cute he was. She had been given a set of clothes by the kakushi for y/n to wear.

"Come on y/n, let's get you cleaned up. Then I'll make you some pancakes!" Y/n held her hand happily returning Mitsuri's smile. 

"Hm!" He had a skip in his step while following the older female. Her smile reminded him so much of Nezuko, he didn't really know why.

Once they arrived at her estate Mitsuri immediately picked him up and went over to the bathroom. 

"Umm...Here, just call me if you need anything or if you need help." She said before going to start preparing the food. 

"Okay." 

.

The two sat across from each other while eating. Mitsuri talked to y/n about the Serpent Hashira, though y/n didn't like him it was interesting listening to her stories of him.

"He's so nice! He treats me to food whenever we hang out and when he's not hungry he gives me his food." She continued to rant. "He's handsome too, I've seen him without his bandages and he's still really handsome and cute!"

Y/n swore he saw love hearts around the girl, making his eyes soften. He began to understand why the pillar was acting like the way she was, his mother always told him about it.

Unknowingly tears began spilling from his eyes, seeing Mitsuri rant happily brought back memories of his sisters. 

"E-ehh! Y/n, did I say something wrong? Are you okay? Do you need anything?" Mitsuri rushed to the boys' side turning him to face her as she cupped his face.

The young boy sniffled as Mitsuri wiped away his tears. He was still looking at Mitsuri, his mouth agape. 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't cry.." Gently removing her hands from his face he began wiping his own tears. "Sorry again.."

The love pillar frowned sadly before placing her hands on y/n's shoulders. She slowly brought the boy into a warm hug. "It's okay to cry, y/n.. You're still a kid, it's normal.."

She felt him tense up but then he slowly melted into the hug, returning it. He shed more tears but this time he couldn't stop them so he just left them.

He missed his family, he missed how everything was, he missed how he used to see the world. If he could he would go back to those days, but he also wanted his new family members to be there with him. 

"Mitsuri..I'm scared..." He whimpered, voice muffled slightly. "What if I end up hurting someone? I don't want to hurt anyone.."

It hurt Mitsuri's heart hearing y/n talk like this, usually when she saw him he would be smiling and talking to people, but it was new seeing him like this. 

She wasn't sure what it was but at the moment, she felt like a mother or big sister. She was gonna make sure that while y/n was with her, he wouldn't have to worry about the world. She'd give him a chance to be a proper six year old.

"I just want to go home, I want my family back.. I want you guys too. But what if I die.? I don't want to die yet..I have to help Tanjiro and Nezuko first.." He cried feeling drowsy. "I want everyone back..."

.

Standing outside the Love pillars door was none other than the Serpent pillar. He meant to come and check up on her but when he heard the way the two spoke made him stop.