Chapter 40 {ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT FINAL}

Hello, so um.. I'm running out of ideas rn so I might need to take some time to think abt all this-

I'm really sorry for making you wait but I kinda want this book to at least have a good ending or something like that. I also have a ton of school work I need to do, but I will not discontinue the story-

My motivation is slowly reducing.

Italics and bold= Memories

Italics= Between heaven and hell

~~~

The demon siblings turned to the voice, they were about to make their way down the path to hell.

The boy wore his old clothes from when he was young, and behind him were silhouettes of people. "Don't go there please.!"

Y/n continued to plead as he held the bottom of Daki's clothing. "I don't have much time to do this!" He noticed his figure becoming slightly transparent.

He began to try and pull the siblings away from the direction they were going. "Hey, what do you think you're doing, man.?"

Gyuutaro looked at the child in confusion. "We tried to kill you and your friends, why should we go that way?"

Y/n continued to try and pull them away. He didn't speak and only made eye contact with the demon.

Gyuutaro's eyes widened in surprise. "Huh..? How?" Flashes of their past went through his mind. He was confused and he wanted answers, but unfortunately time wasn't on their side.

The longer they took to get away from the hell side, the more y/n began to fade. "No no no no! I can't leave them yet!' Tears welled up in his eyes as he began to lose hope.

A hand found itself on y/n's shoulder, making him flinch. "Hey, y/n.!" A slightly cheery voice spoke.

"Susamaru.?" Y/n looked beside him and saw Susamaru helping him pull the two demons away from hell.

"Leave this to me!" She smiled brightly. "I'll bring them with me, it's the least I can do for you."

A tired yet bright smile etched itself onto y/n's face. "Thank you.." His voice seemed to echo through out the area as he faded away.

.

Shouting. Crying. Fighting. Were the first things y/n heard as he slowly woke from his slumber.

As if his body moved on its own, he barely dodged the in coming blade that was reaching for his neck.

Standing over him was none other than the serpent pillar, Iguro Obanai. "Tsk. So you're awake." His voice was rather smooth but it was filled with venom.

Y/n, who was still trying to understand what was happening, began freaking out.

"Don't touch him!" Zenitsu, he was there, badly beaten and heavily bleeding. The smell of blood was strong..

The young boy knew he wouldn't stand a chance against the Hashira, but he did his best to avoid his head getting cut off.

Even if it meant having his other limbs get cut off, then he was gonna do it.

.

The trio watched painfully as their little brother tried his best to survive. While the boy was unconscious they had used up the last of their strength to prevent the Hashira from getting y/n.

CAW! CAW!

The trio looked up at the sky, a small crow made it's way down to the Hashira.

"The head of the demon slayer corps has decided to let the demon, y/n go through trial!"

Relief washed over the boys, it was a close call. If the crow came any later, y/n might've been killed.

"Tsk.." Obanai was mad, he didn't understand what was so different about these siblings.

To him, demons were still demons no matter who they were in the past, and he would kill every one he came across.

"If you even think about attacking, I'll have your head." With that being said, he walked away from the bleeding child, ignoring his quiet sobs.

The sun began to rise, and Nezuko ran to her brother. She quickly carried him to the box a shrunk.

"Mh!" Getting her message, y/n shrunk as well. It was a bit stuffy but the two were able to fit in the box.

Feeling distraught, Nezuko pulled her brother into an embrace. Tears fell from her eyes when y/n hugged back tightly, as if he was gonna lose her if he let go.

"Nee-san.." He cried into Nezuko's shoulder. " I want to go back home.."

They felt the box get picked up from the ground. The kakushi began carrying the siblings to the headquarters.

"Y/n..." Nezuko's light voice trailed off as she stared down at her now sleeping brother. "Home..."

~~~

~Taisho secrets~

-Zenitsu fought the longest due to the fact that he had less injuries.

-Inosuke hugged y/n close trying to prevent Obanai from getting him.

-Tanjiro fought the hardest while Nezuko got her box.

I am very very sorry for the wait, but I think I got some decent ideas..

Published: 07/09/22

Word count: 839