Chapter 53

Italics= idk you'll see

Italics and bold= Memories

Bold= Mk

~~~

Douma coughed up blood. He was trying to tranquilize the poison placed in his body. "It seems I've decomposed your poison. Sorry about that.."

Many attempts were made, many different poisons used but, it seems that none of them worked. 

"Haha~" Douma added more pressure onto his left leg as he stepped on y/n. "Are you having trouble breathing? That's because your lungs are dying. My blood demon art sucked up your blood earlier." 

Shinobu tried again, but got cut by the demons sharp fans. Earning a concerned gasp from y/n, who could feel his bones shattering. L/n had already run out of time, but they could still help.

"You should've cut my head off instead of using poison. If you're that fast and had this boy distract me, you might've beaten me." Douma said. "Or maybe not, because you're too small."

Shinobu froze at his statement. 'He's right, y/n helped so much to distract him...Why am I so small? Why didn't I get taller? If I had just been a little taller I might've been able to-'

"Stand up."

Shinobu's eyes widened. That voice, she looked up, seeing Kanae standing before her with y/n beside her. 

"You have people to protect. Once you decide you win, you win. Win whatever the cost. You made a promise with Kanao and I right?" 

Behind her she could hear Douma's footsteps approaching. "Sorry, that wasn't a thorough cut so you're suffering. And you, how did you get out.." He spoke, muttering the last sentence to himself.

Y/n held his hand out to the Hashira. "You decide when you win, right, big sis Shinobu?" He smiled, grabbing onto her hand. "Let's do our best.."

Y/n helped Shinobu onto her feet, her staggering a bit, surprising the uppermoon in their presence. "You're standing? Wow, are you even human?"

She charged forward with great speed, exceeding Douma's expectations. Her haori tore, her body twisting and turning, finally, her blade met his neck. But to no avail.

"So admirable!" Douma wrapped his arms around her, tears running down his face. "You tried so hard! I'm impressed! A weak girl doing so much!" 

He opened his eyes, looking at Shinobu as her lower body began to get absorbed. "Such a sad sight for a child to see.." He smiled eerily, forcing her head to look at y/n.

There, the boy stood frozen, his eyes wide as he held his blades weakly. His mind screamed at him to move, to save her but, he couldn't move a single muscle.

Tears streamed down Shinobu's eyes as she looked at him, he looked so scared seeing one of his caretakers fall. She kept crying and chanting apologies and prayers in her mind..hoping that at least he would be safe.

"LET HER GO!" Y/n cried, taking a step forward, desperately trying to move. "Please! Let her go!" His voice cracking. 

"Oh~? Why should I~" Douma asked, trying to break the child in the most painful way. "It's too bad~ If you were older, and stronger..You could've stopped this~"

Fear and panic filled his body and mind. If he couldn't save Shinobu, then he wouldn't be able to save anyone in this war..

"Water breathing, third form:" He started, moving into a stance. "Flowing dance!" Following each step, y/n moved closer at such great speed. His blades flowing through the air like waves flowing over a waters surface. 

He didn't need to kill him, he just needed to get Shinobu out of there. 

.

Y/n's hands trembled over Shinobu's soon to be corpse. He had managed to grab her and make a run for it but..she was missing the bottom part of her body, starting at her upper stomach.

'How? How did Nezuko do it? How did the fire appear? I'm too slow! I won't be able to do it!'

Tears fell onto the ground, as y/n's breathing became shallow. "J-just.." He held her cold face in his hands, concentrating, trying everything that could.

Fwu~

A bright red flame appeared. Slowly making it's way over the Hashira, healing her.

Y/n opened his eyes and was shocked but also very happy. "I can do it. I can save them.."

.

He did it, he was able to save Shinobu. Some female Kakushi found them and took her to escape. How? He didn't know but he was going to trust them.

'So tired..'

He continued to run around the infinity fortress, looking for his comrades but, it was completely empty..

"Where am I? I'm lost- WGAH!" The sound of a Biwa was heard and y/n felt himself being thrown into another area.

"Ow, stupid stupid demon." Y/n 'cussed' the Biwa demon out. "Throwing me around like that-" 

"Y/n?" 

"Mui?"

The two looked at each other before y/n looked at the demon in front of them. His blood boiled  with anger and he didn't even try to hide it. 

"Michikatsu Tsugikuni." He named the uppermoon. Earning a slight reaction from him.

"Ah..So, you are the one he chose..Hm.." The uppermoon eyed the marks on the boy, noting how similar it looked to his own. "You don't deserve those marks." 

"Find me if you can, Y/n Kamado."

~~~

- For the sake of the story, let's just go along with this stuff..

- The amount of poison in Douma is still enough.

Please bare with me for now- I already kind of have a plan for the ending but I kinda need inspiration, motivation and to improve my vocabulary..So I am very sorry for making you all wait.

Published: 29/12/22

Word count: 900