Chapter 57

{Ending 1: Angst, TW, death.}

[23-03-23][1715 words]

~~~

This was it.

Standing still and uncertain, y/n looked toward the one person everyone was fighting. Fear ran through his body as his breathing sped up in an uneven pattern, eventually causing his chest to hurt. 

Screams of the slayers filled his ears as he felt his heart drop to the bottom of his stomach, feeling sick seeing the scene before him. 

Desperately trying to move, to go and save his comrades he stumbled forward slightly only to fall onto his knees dizzily at the sight of the many dead bodies lying around. The smell of blood filled his nose as red filled his vision. 

Sheer panic engulfed him when he realised he was covered in the blood of one of the demon slayers, drenching his head to his shoulders with the thick, iron smelling substance. 

"Help.." He choked out as he felt his throat close up, and he fell limp. 

.

Meanwhile, somewhere not too far from the battlefield sat an injured Hashira, Mitsuri Kanroji. Her wounds were fatal but she wanted to keep going. 

"Help.." The familiar little voice of the child she cared deeply about reached her ears. Turning around quickly to search for the source she found y/n on the ground, his figure trembled before suddenly going limp. 

"Y/n!" Mitsuri cried out, rushing to his body, picking him up and cradling him in her arms. She quickly and carefully wiped away the blood on his face and brought his face to her ear, trying to see if he was still breathing. 

Panic filled her mind as she shakily put him down, horror evident on her face. He was breathing, but it was very faint.. She should've never let him go back..She should've tried to help him have a better life..

"Y/n! Wake up!" She cried out, not caring about what was currently going on around her. Right now, the only thing on her mind was to wake y/n up. 

.

Sick smiles were pasted on their faces, as if they were planning this all along. 

Y/n looked at all his friends before him, sickening looks on their faces. It could only be described as a look worse than a psychopaths; wide eyes, eyebrows furrowed, sadistic smiles, and dark liquid flowing from their eyes. 

"Y/n." They said, all in sync with each other. Slowly beginning to circle around the tired boy. 

"Y/n!" 

Louder,

"Y/n!!"

And louder, their voices echoed through the area, piercing through y/n's head. 

"Y/N!" 

Screams filled his ears, agony, despair, pleas, cries, they were all in his head. The loudness of his mind left no room for him to hear his own thoughts. 

"Traitor!" 

Again,

"Demon!" 

The people you loved,

"Useless!" 

The ones he considered family,

"Unworthy!" 

They were yelling, 

"Die!"