Chapter 44

Italics and bold= Memories

~~~

Weeks passed and the three became close, they were like a little family to those who saw them.  Obanai finally softened up to the boy, seeing how truly kind hearted y/n was made him feel guilty for hurting him.

"Y/n, I..wanted to apologise for all those things I said and did to you, I just thought you would bring danger to us and..."

"It's okay." A warm smile graced the little boys features. 

The serpent pillar looked at y/n in surprise. "But, I could've killed you. I hurt you and said things even though I didn't even know you."

Y/n just continued to smile. "It's okay, you didn't know me, and that was a good reason not to trust me. I forgive you, even though you came here for Mitsuri-sama you still helped look after me."

Obanai looked at the boy in awe, a strange but familiar warm feeling filled his chest. He was happy. 

.

"Obanai-sama, you love Mitsuri right?" The little boys sudden question shocked the pillar. 

"E-eh? Uh, what makes you say that?" His face was beet red and his voice wavered. 

Y/n smiled at him. "You have that look in your eyes! My mum had the same look whenever she told stories about my dad!"

.

"Hey..What do the words 'shit' and 'fuck' mean? Nobody told me." Mitsuri squealed in surprise as she quickly answered.

"No no no, you'll learn what it means later.! Jus-just don't say those words, they're very very bad."

Y/n looked at her with a tearful face. "I said bad words?" He asked in a shaky voice before sulking in a corner.

.

"If you stay on your upper half of your feet while running and fighting you'll be faster." The serpent pillar told the child while demonstrating the stance. "You're basically on your toes."

"WEeeEEeE!" Y/n zoomed past him towards a dummy head first. "Nyooooooo-" 

"Hey wait-"

Thump! 

The dummy fell to the ground.

"Ow."

"Yeah."

.

They were walking around the town shopping for things for the house. 

"Hey y/n do you want anything?" Mitsuri asked excitedly. "I can get it for you!"

"Umm...I don't know, but it's okay let's just get what you need." Y/n said only to be picked up by Obanai. 

"Kanjiro, I'll take him to go look for something. We'll be back soon."

.

"And that's how you make pancakes!" Mitsuri cheered before passing the scoop to him. "Here, try and pour some batter onto the pan."

Excited to try something new, y/n was quick to pour the mix in. Maybe a little too fast. 

"Gek!" He flinched back when hot oil hit his skin. "I don't like that feeling.."  He muttered.