Chapter 50

Only a few more chapters before the book is complete- Never thought I would actually make it this far

Italics and bold= Memories

Italics= Mind space

Bold= Mk

~~~

"This isn't the first time.." Tanjiro looked absolutely distraught. Y/n was asleep on a new bed, and the place was cleaned up but his arms..

Aoi wrapped y/n's arms sadly. "And by the looks of it it was still quite recent." Her voice slightly shaky. 

How did they not notice before? Was it because they were more focused on his more intense injuries? What made them not notice? Was it because y/n acted as if nothing happened?

Nezuko sat on the other side, gently tracing the lines on y/n's palm. Fiddling with his small hand, while also caressing it. 

'Y/n..' She was stuck in her own mind. Her little brother, someone who she almost lost more than once, was not in the best state of mind. 'I'm sorry..we should've listened to you in the beginning..'

But no matter how many times they would apologise, what was happening now was out of their control. There was nothing they could've done that would've prevented this. [I mean-]

They were all so busy with missions, training or they were recovering. They took this time to think of y/n. 

He was always there to help, trying his best to be strong, to keep up with everything they did. Y/n was always trying to cheer them up or take care of them.

Up until now, y/n always tried to hide when he wasn't feeling well or upset. There were times where they thought he was acting strange but he was always quick to cover it up.

And his eyes, his beautiful bright eyes, seemed so dull now. He looked tired half the time and when he didn't; he would be hanging out with his siblings or his friends.

He was something else...he was an incredible brother and friend, taking things into his own hands and making sure they work out. 

Despite his age he was stronger than most kids his age. Much, much stronger. He may even be physically stronger than some other slayers, but that's just a maybe.

But when it comes mentality, he's most likely the strongest. Sure others went through bad things when they were young but y/n had a series of near death situation within only six years of his life.

He forced himself to adapt to his brother's training pace and pushed himself to just to be able to perform a breathing style. 

Y/n Kamado trained in various ways with so many people just for his siblings.

And now, everything was catching up on him.

.

"Shh, it's okay.." 

Y/n cried into the older's shoulder. Continuously muttering his apologies and fears. It broke the older's heart to hear this. 

"I'm sorry..I'm sorry.." The kid's voice cracked with every cry he let out. "Y/n, I..I want to go back home. I want my family and friends..I don't want-..I don't want this.!"

Y/n looked at the child in their arms, offering a small smile while wiping his tears away. "Hey, mini y/n, don't...don't worry too much. When this is all over, you'll be free.."

Sniffles and cries echoed throughout the empty place as it shook slightly.

.

Shinobu sat beside y/n, examining him and checking for any other injuries. She knew he was still wary of her, and she couldn't blame him.