Chapter 55

Fear filled y/n's body as he stood still in battle.

He could see everything.

He didn't understand.

He could not only see everything around him, like 360 vision.

But he could also see everyones insides, the way their muscles moved, the way the body internally responded to attacks.

"Huh?" His voice was shaky, and he felt the urge to fight but, he was still fearful of what may happen. "Mui, Genya.." He muttered, standing up with whatever courage he had left. "I will win..promise."

.

"No.." Y/n muttered shakily. There he stood, blades lodged into his body, he knew he was failing. He knew it. "NO!"

Out of desperation, y/n kept slashing, he kept fighting. He was going to win, and he was going to save them. He promised! A tree rooted the uppermoon down, it was Genya's doing, and it gave him an opportunity. 

Something came into contact with Kokushibo's neck, Gyomei's weapon, as y/n locked eyes with the older demon with a victorious smile. "Got you." He whispered before he found himself standing in a familiar place. 

Just y/n and Mishikatsu. 

.

"Heyy! Don't go there yet!" Y/n's voice took the tsugikuni by surprise. "You have to talk to your brother!" The boy exclaimed as he grabbed the older and took him closer to the heaven side only for the man to stop abruptly. 

"Yoriichi..?" Mishikatsu said, his voice barely above a whisper. Y/n looked at him and saw that he already saw his twin. 

Slowly moving away, he watched as the two conversed... It was quite interesting but in the end they did make up. Yoriichi asked if Mishikatsu was going to go with him to heaven or to hell, it was sad to see the older twin refuse to go after all he had done. 

"Even if I realised my wrong doings, it is far too late for me to redeem myself." He stated firmly, looking his brother straight in the eyes. "But, there is something I could do at the very least.." The man turned his head to face y/n.

"Y/n Kamado, I too, will pass my mark to you. It is the least I can do to help you defeat him." Mishikatsu held his hand out towards the young child, with some hesitance. "That is, if you accept it." 

There was silence, y/n didn't need to think about the decision and was quick to grab the older's hand. "I accept." He said surely, looking at the twins in front of him with a small smile. "But, are you sure you won't go with your brother?"

The older Tsugikuni just nodded before passing his mark to y/n. "Bye bye.." Y/n said, as he felt the pain of the mark enter his body.

.

"AHHH!" A scream erupted from y/n, causing the other slayers to look his way. His body was, again, covered in flame like marks, a mix of purple and red covering his body. The boy took one last look at the one who gave him those marks. 

And finally, Kokushibo's was decapitated and his head fell to the ground. They won, these humans and a demon child won against the strongest uppermoon. Despite the humans being cut up, they didn't bleed out, despite not being a demon, a human used blood demon arts. 

This battle was thrilling, the burning red swords of the slayers who never practiced sun breathing, the child who somehow performed moon breathing, the variety of emotions, the intoxicating smell of their blood and meeting his brother. Everything was just thrilling.

But now, a million thoughts ran through his head as he withered away. Why? What was all this for? He abandoned his family, sliced up his descendant and now-successor, turned into a hideous beast and yet, what did he gain?