Chapter 3

You know what never-mind, I'm just gonna keep writing until I eventually have to go to school. Here's chapter 3~

Hope you enjoy reading^^!

~~~

Y/n felt himself being picked up off the ground but he couldn't open his eyes, after what happened at the temple he was exhausted, mentally and physically.

After a while he felt himself being placed on a mattress. "I'll make sure to take care of your brother and sister for you." Urokodaki said.

Tanjiro approached his siblings gently taking their hands, giving them a light squeeze. "I'm counting on you, sir." Before he could get up he felt y/n hold his hand.

"oh-" Tanjiro looked at his brother before smiling gently, giving his hand another squeeze before getting up and following the older man.

Up the mountain Urokodaki took Tanjiro was foggy and the air was thin. Urokodaki stopped at the top and turn to face the boy.

"Now from here, go back to the house at the foot of the mountain." He said, "This time I won't wait." He added as he disappeared from his spot.

Focused on the fog, Tanjiro tried to run through down the mountain not noticing a rope on the ground in front of him, he tripped on it. "Uwah!" He exclaimed stumbling in his step.

Rocks were suddenly thrown at him, giving him a cut and a bruise. Seeing the rope on the ground he knew, there were more traps on the mountain.

-At the house(It's almost dawn)-

Y/n slowly opened his eyes, looking around and noticing he was in someones home. Jumping up in fear he moved closer to Nezuko, looking around for Tanjiro.

Not seeing him anywhere, y/n ran out the room trying to find him. "Tanjiro-nii?" He whispered-yelled calling out to his brother.

Carefully sneaking around, y/n's breathing started to quicken by the second, tears pooling in his eyes.

He started trembling and finding it hard to breathe, soon he was running around trying to find his older brother.

He heard noises from outside, he went to see what it was, only to be greeted by a man wearing a goblin mask.

"WAHH!" He screamed running away from the man, going back to the room he and Nezuko were in.

"Nee-san! Nee-san! Wake up!" Y/n cried trying to shake his sister awake, he noticed her lack of response and immediately assumed the worst.

"Nee-san.? Nezuko?. You..Nezuko..?" He started to tremble, tears spilling out of his eyes, y/n started panicking.

"Nee-san- Tanjiro-nii..Nezuko...Tanjiro.." He kept repeating his siblings names, an intense wave of fear hit him, he couldn't move.

His breathing became rigid and uneven, he wanted to scream and cry but he couldn't, he felt like his voice was stuck at the back of his throat.

His hands went up to his neck and chest, y/n felt like he couldn't breathe, he felt like he was dying.

Had he failed to protect his only family left? What happened to Tanjiro? Where was he? Was the man with the goblin mask gonna kill Nezuko? Questions continued to fill his mind, he felt feint, like he could just drop at any moment.

Urokodaki came into the room and noticed that the youngest Kamado...was having a panic attack.

The former Hashira slowly made his way to the kid before gently putting a hand on his shoulder. Y/n tensed up a bit but feeling no ill intention he slowly calmed down a bit, Urokodaki gently pulled the child to his chest, keeping him there rubbing his back slowly.

After about 10 minutes y/n finally calmed down, he got up from his position to face Urokodaki. "Goblin-san...Where Tanjiro?" He asked before sniffling a bit, his eyes were puffy and red, his cheeks and nose were also a bit red.

"An Nezuko no waking up." He added on.

"Your brother is making his way down the mountain, but he might take a while though. You're sister is just sleeping." He told y/n, leaving out the fact that there were traps.

"Hm..Okay! I wait for Tanjiro-nii!" Y/n declared running to the front door and sitting down in front of it, waiting patiently for his older brother.

'Poor child, entering the world of demons at such a young age..' Urokodaki sighed before getting up and getting back at preparing food for the Kamado brothers and himself.

Meanwhile with y/n, he was starting to get bored, he laid down on his back before bringing his legs up and kicking them back and forth in the air. (Like how Nezuko did it)

"Hmm~" Y/n hummed as he waited for his brother. He got up and tried to copy one of the boys back at the small town, he remembered the boy called it a handstand.

"One, twoooo... Tree!" He counted as he flipped onto his hands, smiling victoriously. "Haha! I ca- oof-" His celebration was cut short when he lost balance, falling onto his head, then onto his back. "Ouch.." 

At that same time the front door was slammed open by none other than Tanjiro, he was battered up and bruised, "I...have..returned.." He panted out with a weak voice.

"Tanjiro!" Y/n cheered happily forgetting about the handstand, Tanjiro smiled but then his legs gave out, making him fall forward.

Y/n being y/n, tried to catch him which led to both of you falling down. "Oh? Tanjiro-nii sleep, you sore."

.

.

'Forgive my abruptness, Mr. Sakonji Urokodaki. I am sending a young boy who wants to become demon slayer. Him and his younger brother were brave enough to attack me unarmed.

Their family was slaughtered by a demon and the surviving sister got became one, but I have decided that she will not attack humans. I can sense something different about them.

Like yourself, the boy has a keen sense of smell, and the youngest has incredible eye-sight and aim, but he also seems to lack presence.

Perhaps they'll find a way to break through and and become your heir apparent. I am asking you to train both boys. I hope that you'll take care of yourself in your endeavors.

Yours truly,

Giyuu Tomioka.'

[Please forgive me if it's not good- I'm doing this story off of memory and imagination]

.

.

"I accept you as my student, Tanjiro Kamado." Urokodaki said making the tired boy smile, y/n looked confused but smiled anyway.

"Ehhh, Nii-san heavyyy." The child tried to crawl out from under his brothers body. Tanjiro chuckled weakly before lifting himself letting y/n free, before passing out completely.

"Goblin-san? What you name?" Y/n asked gently patting his brothers head. "Sakonji Urokodaki."

"Sakonshi Urokadoki?" Y/n tried saying it out loud but it didn't sound right. "Sa-kon-ji Uro-ko-doki...no, Uroka- Hmm!" He tried again but failed.

Urokodaki watched in amusement as the child kept trying to say his name correctly.

~~~

That's all for chapter 3, sorry if it's short, since I might be going to school soon I feel like I should add longer chapters. I got lazy at some point of the chapter but I'm gonna try and post as much as I can before I end up going back to school.

I hope you enjoyed, again; don't be afraid to correct me in the comments if I get something wrong.

Hope you have a nice day/afternoon/night^^!

Published: 10/05/22

Word count: 1172