Chapter 45

Warning: Self-loathing, suicidal thoughts(And maybe attempts), self-harm, angst, other Triggering topics? 

Italics and bold= Memories

Italics= In the mind

Bold= 'evil' thoughts/memories

~~~

Y/n wiped the blood off his face as he went to hug his older brother, but when Tanjiro flinched slightly he stopped completely and moved back. 

"Sorry..I..I'll just wait for your outside.." Walking out swiftly with his head still bowed down, the other teens looked at the oldest Kamado in confusion.

Tanjiro however seemed to be in a daze, like his mind was in a different place. "He.. saw..he saw everything in my mind, but how.?" I don't know if it's because they're brothers but Tanjiro knew y/n saw his memories.

.

Kill Them! Kill them all!

Y/n could feel his ears ringing as he entered a room with a spare bed. He ignored the other person there because right now, he needed to distract himself from the voice in his head.

Putting his new bag of stuff from Mitsuri and Obanai on the floor he climbed onto the bed and curled up into a ball. 'Shut up..'

"Hey. This is my room.." A harsh yet gentle voice spoke. A male with a Mohawk styled hairstyle sat in his bed looking at the sad kid. "Are..are you okay?"

The mohawk male approached y/n after seeing he was wearing the slayer uniform. 'Aren't they a bit young for the demon slayer corps?' He wasn't able to see y/n's features properly so he didn't want to assume the boys' gender.

"Sorry for coming here..I just want to rest. I promise I won't say anything.." A murmur came from y/n, sounding tired and sad. If you thought about it, the way he spoke could've been kinda creepy.

.

Genya looked at the depressed looking kid feeling sad for some reason. He got off his bed and carefully walked over to y/n.

"Hey..." Sitting next to his bed, he leaned closer to y/n. "I know you don't know me but, are you actually part of the demon slayer corp?"

"Hm?" Y/n rolled over to face the older male before sitting up cross legged. "Um, not exactly. I mean I kind of am but, I mostly follow my brother and sister." 

Genya looked sadly at the boy before deciding to properly introduce himself. "My name is Genya Shinazugawa. What's your name?" He raised a hand for y/n to shake.

"My name is Y/n Kamado, nice to meet you shin-ch- Genya-sama." Y/n shook the older's hand energetically as if he wasn't sad a few seconds ago.

Genya took notice of how y/n couldn't say his last name, he also noticed how calloused the boys' hands were. 

"Um, are you related to the wind Hashira by any chance..?" Y/n awkwardly asked with curious eyes. "Your last names sound similar.."

"Oh, yeah-" He saw y/n's eyes widen in shock, a little bit of fear and anger. "He's my older brother, but I don't really see him a lot.." Genya said choosing his words carefully.

"Oh...You're so nice compared to him though.." With that they continued to talk and y/n felt less sad as he made a new friend, a new family member.

.

It was almost evening and y/n felt hurt that his brother didn't come to his- well Genya's room to talk but he understood.

He understood that Tanjiro was confused and probably freaked out a little, he understood that Aoi and Kanao were most likely busy, Zenitsu must've gotten a mission and Inosuke had rehabilitation training again.