Chapter 22

Here you go, chapter 22! I'm gonna fail my exams so I doubt studying will do anything- times like this I hate ADHD.

Hope you like this chapter!

Italics and bold= memories

Italics= in the mind

Bold=Extra exclamation

~~~

The next morning the boys woke up expecting to be greeted by a energetic little boy but remembered that, that same boy was in a different room and sick.

.

Zenitsu just finished drinking his medicine, reluctantly, when a familiar voice was heard. "You guys seem to be doing well."

It was Murata, 'Wait, where's the kid?' He thought, noticing the child missing.

"Murata-san!" Tanjiro said.

Murata sat himself down on a chair near Tanjiro's bed. The Kamado asked if he was alright, to which he answered with, "Well, I came close to getting melted away, but I made it out somehow. But I heard you guys got banged up."

"It looks like it's gonna take some time to heal." Tanjiro agrees. Murata then turns his attention to Inosuke.

"And wild boar kid, in your case, it was the throat right?" He received no reply, which confuses him, he asked Tanjiro about it.

"He's been through a lot...If you could let him be..." Tanjiro was what said.

They continued to talk, Aoi appeared and tried to make Zenitsu drink more medicine which led to another argument.

.

Y/n stood in front of his home, inside were the dead bodies of his family. "This is your fault." A familiar voice said.

The child spun around to face the one and only demon king, "You couldn't protect them." Muzan said coldly.

"You couldn't get them away, and because of that, they died." The memory of his family being killed went through his mind.

"You were right there and yet, you couldn't save them." Muzan moved closer to y/n, making the boy take a step back. "You were weak, but..." He crouched down and harshly grabbed y/n's face.

"If you become a demon, you will be able to protect everyone you care about." Y/n smacked Muzan's hand away before running away.

"Nii-san! Don't leave! Help us!"

"Y/n!! Save me!"

"Don't run! Come and save us!!"

"Please!! Don't leave us again!!"

"Y/n!"

"Y/N!!"

"Y/N!!!!"

He tried to ignore his family's desperate calls, but he looked back to see a disturbing sight. His family all stood there, covered in blood and dirt, some of their bones were able to bee seen.

"Y/N!!"

He wanted all this to stop, it hurt him. He already knew that he failed to protect his family, but this hurt him and scared him.

Y/n reached the spot where he, Tanjiro and Nezuko met Giyuu, it was covered in mist. He looked around hoping to find them, but they were nowhere to be seen.

"Y/n." Tanjiro's voice called out alerting the young boy, he turned to Tanjiro with a relieved smile but it went away as soon as he saw Tanjiro looking at him in anger and disappointment.