Chapter 47

Italics= Mind space

Italics and bold= Memories.

Bold= yk it's that mf-

~~~

Y/n sat in his bed, meditating. He was trying to clear his mind so he could go back to his mind space.

"Phewww..." He breathed out. Eyes closed, body relaxed, total silence. He felt like his body was floating.

He felt calm and collected, like there was nothing to worry about. Slowly he felt his body become heavy, in a nice way, slowly falling onto the bed.

.

"Mini y/n.! You're back!" That voice, it was them but..it was the only voice there. He couldn't hear anyone else. Not even a little bit.

"Hey buddy, I know what you're thinking.. Don't worry, they didn't go yet, they wanted to stay and say goodbye at least." Y/n felt himself being picked up by the one person he shared a name with.

Looking around, he took in the view, seeing how everyone was sitting in a line. They all had their heads bowed towards him as if he was a special leader of some sort.

"Eh? Why are you all bowing.?" Y/n asked as l/n put him down before joining the rest. 

Yuichiro clicked his tongue. "The weirdo told you already, we wanted to say goodbye and not just up and leave you without warning." He stated it like it was the most obvious thing ever.

"Ah! Oh..yeah, sorry.." Y/n felt warm, they stayed and waited for him. Even though they'd been there for a long time they waited for him before leaving. 

"Y/n, thank you for everything you've done for my family members, even if you're still wary of my sister. Thank you for making her and the others happy." Kanae smiled gratefully before standing up.

She was the first to fade away.

Next was Shizu. "Now, I know that you aren't on good terms with Sanemi but I know you'll get along eventually. I would like to thank you for being Genya's first friend.." 

She then stood up, fading away as well.

Tears slightly pooled the young boys eyes as he realised that this was probably the last time he'd see them in a long time. 

He sniffled as Ruka stood up, she went closer to him and wiped away his tears. "I have to thank you for saving my son, Kyojuro. If it weren't for you, I'm not sure if he'd survive. Thank you, y/n Kamado."

Giving the crying boy a head pat, she too disappeared. 

Next was Tsutako. A gentle smile was on her face as she knelt down in front of the boy, pulling him into a warm hug. 

"Y/n Kamado, thank you so, so much for befriending my brother..You may not have spent much time with him but, he's opened up to you and cares for you. Thank you."

Pulling away she soon faded away too.

Kohona stood in her spot before giving one last bow as she spoke. "I am very grateful for what you've done for Inosuke, you accepted him and did your best to make him feel loved. I thank you for also being his first friend and brother, y/n Kamado."

The crying boy looked up at the woman, nodding slightly as she began to disappear.

Lastly, Yuichiro stood up. He was looking right into y/n's eyes as he spoke quietly, trying not to avert his eyes.

"Thank you for helping my brother, you've become an important person to him. Please don't leave him.." It wasn't much but the older boy was struggling to show his gratitude.

With a sniffle the younger boy replied. "I won't.."

Now it was just him and l/n there. The younger boy broke down crying while l/n went to comfort him.

"Hey, it's okay..." They said soothingly. "Sh..Don't worry mini y/n, they're safe okay? Plus, I'm sure they wouldn't want to see you cry because of this.."

L/n was struggling to find the right things to say, now they was cursing at themself about how they made no sense.

.

It took a while but now the child had calmed down, he sat in front of l/n, telling them about how he felt.

It was sad to hear but they tried their best to help the little boy before eventually, y/n had to leave. 

"Bye, l/n.. I'll try to come back soon." Were the little boys' words before he left the strange person alone in his mind space.

A sad sigh left their lips as they sat alone, not a single sound heard from the place. "I guess it's back to being on my own...again.."

.

Y/n stood up from his bed and got changed, Ren had just announced his brothers location and said something about a demon being there.

He didn't know how long he was in his mind space but it must've been long enough to miss out on his brothers situation.

"Y/n! There has been a demon attack where your brother is! If you want I will lead you there! Caw!"

"Tanjiro, I'll be there..Please wait for me.." He muttered while running after his crow to the village.

.

CAW!

"Y/n Kamado has arrived in the village!"

CAW!

~~~

~Taisho secrets~

- Y/n L/n finds it a bit weird to call someone else by their own name.

- Yuichiro wanted to say more but he didn't know what to say.

- Ginko rushed Ren to announce that Muichiro was also at the village.

This is just a short, probably cringey, chapter before I go through exams today.

Published: 14/11/22

Word count: 874