Chapter 23

Heyyy I'm back, exams are over now, I'll try to be more frequent with this book. Thanks for reading this btw, and for being patient with me-💀

Let's begin

~~~

It had been a few hours since the incident with y/n, everyone was on edge but continued training. Now it was a bit late at night and everyone was asleep.

'Wake up..wake up...wake...up...WAKE UP!' Y/n forced himself to open his eyes, looking around the room.

"Hhhh" He sighed while slowly getting up, the wounds he had already healed only leaving the scars.

'Maybe I'll look like that chihuahua-san guy...he looked kinda cool..' Y/n realized what he said and instantly slapped himself. 'No! He tried to hurt Nezuko!'

He hopped off the bed and silently walked to the room his brothers' were. [I'm gonna refer to Zenitsu and Inosuke as y/n's brothers since they think of each other as siblings.]

Y/n slid the door open slightly and was met by the sight of his brothers sleeping. 'Hm. I should let them sleep.'

Closing the door quietly, y/n snuck outside and into the garden where they first saw Kanao. He laid on the ground and looked up at the sky.

"The stars are pretty..." And it was true, stars covered the sky, so many that it seemed to turn the sky into different colors.

Caw...

Caw...

A crow appeared within his line of sight, making him sit up. "Hm? A crow?" He outstretched his arm letting the crow perch itself there.

"Who are you? Is there a mission for someone here?" The young boy asked gently petting the bird. 

Caw...

"Go to headquarters, Oyakata-sama wants to speak with you.." The crow cawed rather quietly. "Follow me.."

"H-huh? Wait..!" Y/n kept his voice down as he followed the bird. "Wahhh..! I'm gonna die..! Did I do something to upset the master..?!" He whisper-yelled.

.

"Um..." Y/n sat in front of the Ubuyashiki family awkwardly, he bowed at first but Oyakata-sama told him that he didn't have to.

"Did I...am I in trouble?"

Oyakata-sama's usual smile on his face slightly dropped, it was barely noticeable but y/n saw it and got anxious.

"Children, I wish to speak to y/n alone, please."

The other kids replied with a quiet 'yes' before leaving the room, leaving only y/n, Oyakata-sama and his wife.

"U-um...Did I do something wrong...? W-what can I do to fix it?" Y/n showed no fear or reaction on his face but his voice gave him away.

Oyakata let out a small chuckle. "Do not worry child, I just need to ask you a few questions. That is all." Hearing this made y/n let out a breath in relief.

"Oh, okay.."

.

Y/n was asked a few questions regarding Muzan which was difficult to answer without freezing up, but then Oyakata-sama asked a question that brought him back to the strange memories.

"Do you know anything about a flower called the blue spider lily?" The gears in y/n's head turned rather quickly as he nodded quickly with a smile.

"Yeah..! My mother got the flower and gave it to the doctors to heal me.!" Kagaya and his wife, Amane, were taken aback. They didn't expect y/n to know anything about the flower.

Y/n noticed the expressions displayed on their faces and got confused. Did he say something wrong?

"I see...You say they used the blue spider lily to heal you...what happened? If you don't mind me asking."

Y/n sheepishly smiled scratching his cheek. "Um..I just found out when I got sick a few days ago...But, they weren't my memories..When I was really young, I got sick to the point where I basically died in the end."

He put his hands on his lap lowering his head a little, his smile no longer there. Kagaya and Amane sat there shocked, and still processing what the child was saying.

"It took the doctors two years to get the cure for me, they only had two chances. They missed the first dose, but they managed to get the second one. Sadly, they didn't get any reaction what-so-ever so I was proclaimed dead."

Y/n let out a dry laugh, "And I guess..I just woke up from death.." The two adults looked at the child sympathetically. How could this have happened to such a young child?

"I think, because I 'died' I forgot everything about it..and I'm starting to think that flower is why I heal fast.."

Kagaya then asked if he knew where the blue spider lilies were. "Oh! Yes, yes I do. My mother showed me where they were. They were somewhere near my home-well, my old home.."

.

After they were done talking they asked if y/n wanted to stay the night there, which he refused saying he wouldn't want to burden them and he preferred if he was at the butterfly estate when his brother woke up.

"I understand, be safe, child."

"I will, have a goodnight Oyakata-sama.!" Y/n waved before running back to the butterfly estate.

~~~

~Taisho secrets~

-Kagaya felt the need to keep y/n safe, not because of the fact that if Muzan got him and he(Muzan) would be able to conquer the sun, but because y/n already went through a lot.

-Y/n's mind is maturing faster by the day. It's as if he already had an adults mind.

-The Ubuyashiki kids want to get to know y/n. [I might make some scenes of them]

Okay hear me out- I got no ideas rn.

BUT!

I got a BIG question that I need an answer to.

Should I make the kid die?? Or do I let him live?

Anyways have a good day/afternoon/night^^!

Published: 17/06/22

Word count: 903