4.4 Spy and two-faced guy

Start from the beginning

What he said is half a lie and half true.

He wants to exclude Ayanokoji-sempai for himself, not for me.

So the exclusion of sempai is true, and the fact that he said that to exclude for the sake of beckon is a lie.

He said it as an excuse for his actions. I don't know exactly what he's thinking, but his grin didn't slide on his face, which was from the very beginning of this discussion.

- It's a lie. You want to exclude him because he's from the White Room. Just like you.

- Hee-he...

He didn't answer anything else but his laughter.

I didn't know what he was going to do or say, but I guess a little about this White Room. But I only have guesses in my head and there is no evidence of their correctness.

- What's funny, Yagami? - I asked.

- Yes, nothing. I was just thinking.

- About what?

- About your actions.

- I didn't understand.

- Look. You started suspecting me from the very beginning of the exam and followed me wherever I went. And you just found out that I knew that.

- And what's next?

- So, why don't you think I said that on purpose and there really isn't a White Room?

What he said is certainly true. This is the most common truth. As if my thoughts were read about the White Room and were able to think about the other side.

Is it possible that the White Room does not exist? Or maybe it exists. I still don't know if it's a lie or not. Yagami hides the true meaning of his words very well.

- Then why was Ayanokoji-sempai surprised?

- Tsubaki-chan, you're getting into this matter. I understand what you're interested in, but... Why are you so desperate to get into my actions?

It's... I thought about it. To be honest, Yagami had nothing to do with me. We're just partners in this exam. We didn't even want to unite. We just united on condition.

So why am I interested?

I didn't know about it myself. Although there were rumors about Yagami and his cruelty to others, there is no evidence about it. The only thing I can imagine is his conversation with Ayanokoji-sempa.

Yagami simply scored on sempa on honorary signs and addressed him on you, which was very rare on his part.

But rumors are not created for nothing, are they? There must be half-truth.

That's probably what makes me interested in Yagami. He was absolutely strange and incomprehensible.

His absurd actions and plans that he built were absolutely perfect.

One example is his recent conversation with Kushida-sempa. There he drove Kushida-sempai into the corner without any problems and chances of getting out of the corner.

But even then, Yagami talked politely to Kushida-sempa.

- I don't know.

- Hee-hee...

He giggled again. Closing his eyes for a few seconds, he spoke again:

- You know, Tsubaki-chan. My relationship with Ayanokoji-sempa is clearly ambiguous. I don't understand the reasons for hatred of him myself. Do you think you'll understand if I tell you?

This time he looked at me with completely empty eyes. Just like Ayanokoji-sempai. Exactly. Exactly. The only thing that distinguished them was an empty smile on Yagami's face.

He just couldn't get rid of his smile. That's what united them. They are both empty from the inside. Although Yagami tries to be energetic outside, he still remains empty inside.

As if they went through the same thing.

- Maybe.

- My feelings hatred of him occur on an instinctive level. Do I understand my hatred myself? Of course not.

He instinctively hated Ayanokoji-sempai.

I could silently look at him, where he had an empty face. Although there is a smile on the face, it is absolutely empty and not filled with emotions. The smile was completely different now and before, as if like two drops of water with different structures.

I didn't understand him, and now I'm even more confused.

A person who did not know how to make emotions had to suffer from wild stress from playing society. Maybe that's what Yagami suffers from.

But why did he create the facade of a good guy if he doesn't want to be one?

- I have a question. As I understand it, you have a kind personality - it's a facade. But why do you do it if you don't want to?

- I never said I didn't want to. I want to be like everyone else, not like others.

- I still don't understand.

- Because you're not destined, Tsubaki-chan.

After these words, Yagami finished showing himself and returned the facade again.

- Let's keep everything that happened now secret, okay?

- Okay.

I could only agree. I didn't trust him, but I want to be sure that he didn't rule out Utomya-kun.