Chapter 65

EROS' POV

Immediately my flight touched down base I called my lawyer to get the divorce papers ready and bring them to my office before I start reconsidering. I got to my office and immediately my assistant followed me in to fill me on what has been going on in the company so far after I have left. Not like I would say it to his face because I would never hear the end of it but Ivan did a really great job while I was away. I was checking on the recently signed deals and how far we have gone with them when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in" I told the person outside thinking it was probably my assistant but then came in Ivan.

"Ivan" I called out his name nonchalantly because I didn't want to deal with anyone related to Evelyn or my family right now

"Yeah the same Ivan you didn't tell anything before going AWOL" he retorted

"So where were you all these while? Nobody could reach you and its not like you left in a good state. You really had everyone worried about you" he stated

"I had to go away to organize my thoughts and know what to do next" I answered him

"What do you mean by" what to do next?" He asked me sharply

"In due time you will know but for now I need to get back to work" I shunned him signalling it is the end of the conversation.

Few minutes after he left my lawyer came with the divorce papers. I took it from him and signed it without reading it through because I might hesitate or even change my mind if I read it through.

"Make sure she signs it before you leave that building is that clear" I commanded him

"Crystal" he replied before leaving while I got back to work.

I was still going through the files on my desk to sort the new contracts that we can renew with some of the companies in Russia when someone barged into my office.

"What's the meaning of this?" Evelyn stormed into my office throwing some papers on my table.

I looked on the table and saw that it was the divorce papers that my lawyer left with some hours ago.

"It is exactly what you are seeing there and didn't my lawyer tell you that I don't want to deal with you through out the course of this divorce" I asked her because I explicitly warned my lawyer that I didn't want to deal with Evelyn during the time of this divorce so that I wouldn't hesitate or have a change of heart

"Sign the damn papers and give it to my lawyer and if you still have anything more to say then you go through my lawyer as well" I completed coldly

"So just because of some pictures you serve me divorce papers. Have you ever cared to listen to my own part of the story. You are just a selfish jerk that only gives a care about what rows your boat".

I literally lost it when she made that comment which man would still be sane after seeing his wife in that position with another man

"Those pictures shows my wife in a compromising and intimate position with her supposed bestfriend whom they have nothing going on between them. I got those pictures tested to check for their authenticity and guess what they were 100% real so what else do you want to explain huh" I seethed angrily.

"Are you doing all these to me because of Mabel. If you must know I am not Mabel and there is absolutely nothing going on between Ethan and I" she said very loudly. Her shouting it out wouldn't make any difference I hope she knows that.

How did she know about Mabel. That name alone irks me and it brings back bad memories. She is the reason why I hate women and never trust them but I still went and made the same exact mistake like my brother did and the outcome wasn't any different

"How did you know about Mabel" I asked her surprised

"Mum told me about Mabel and Everest and just so you know it wasn't your fault and stop living your life in guilt and thinking that every girl is like Mabel and that you would turn out like your brother"

I kept quiet and listened as she explained everything to me. She brought out each picture and explained when it was taken but I still found it hard to believe how the picture of she and Ethan kissing were taken but if someone is truly behind it like she said then it is plausible. She took the divorce papers on my table and shredded them into pieces

"I'm not ever gonna divorce you Eros or let you live your life without me as long as I am alive" she said to me as soon as she tore the papers into pieces.

I felt something in my heart crack when she said that and that's when I took a good look at her. She looked so stressed and drained yet so beautiful and innocent. I so much wanted to believe her and accept that what I saw weren't true in the slightest.

I was still in my thoughts contemplating on what to do next when I heard the sound of something slumping on the ground. I looked up to see that it was Evelyn that fell. I quickly stood up on my feet and rushed to her side. She was unconscious and all I could pray was that nothing should happen to her. I felt guilty for not looking after her all these while and leaving her by herself eventhough she hurt me.

I picked her up bridal style and rushed down to the garage through the elevator. I drove like a mad man to the hospital while she was on the back seat of the car unconscious . I felt tears trickling down from my eyes and I realised I still loved her eventhough I have denied it to myself several times after she hurt me.

I took her to our family hospital because they had her files and records  already so they will know how to proceed with her treatment. They took her from me with a stretcher straight to the ER. One of the nurses wanted to give her a shot when a female doctor stopped her

"That shot wouldn't be good for the baby she is pregnant" the doctor said stopping the nurse

Wait did I just hear her right. Evelyn is pregnant I was about to ask the doctor to repeat herself again when the doctor asked me to leave the ER. I refused but they had to force me out because it is hospital's policy.

After an hour she was taken out of the ER and was put in a room with an intravenous fluid and I was finally allowed to enter and stay with her. She was looking so fragile and pale. I went out and called mum on the phone to tell her what was going on and she told me she will be there.

30 minutes later my mum was there panting like someone that ran a marathon. I have never seen her take someone so seriously like she does with Evelyn. She kept checking her frames and body for any injuries because I told her that she fell. She checked her stomach and asked me worriedly if the baby was okay

"So mum you knew she was pregnant?" I asked her surprised

"Yes, she stammered while scratching the back of her hair. She promised me not to say a word because she wanted to surprise you with the news on your anniversary" she said guiltily.

She went ahead to tell me everything that has happened and how they got a PI to check on the three suspects. She told me the progress of the matter and I decided to take the matter up myself and find the bastards that wanted to drift I and my wife apart.