Chapter 14

EROS' POV

I woke up this morning with my whole body aching me. As I stood up I realized why I woke up with pains all over my body. This is because I slept in a fucking couch. Just then as I recalled what transpired between I and Evelyn last night my blood began to boil all over again and as I looked towards my king sized bed I saw her sleeping soundly on it.

That should be me on that bed I muttered to myself as I stood up and went closer to the edge of the bed to get a better look at her. Even in her sleep she looked so beautiful. I had the urge to run my fingers on her face especially her lips which looked so captivating and attracting . At that moment I wondered what her lips would taste like if I kissed it. As the thought ran through my mind she stirred in her sleep and immediately my senses came back to me and I rushed into the bathroom to have my bath and prepare for work.

When I came out from the bathroom she was no longer there in the bed so I headed to the closet hoping to see her but unfortunately she wasn't there either. I dressed up in my normal suits, picked up a matching tie and knotted it. I went over to my set of watches and picked up a golden rolex watch and wore it. Next I slicked my hair with the hair gel and checked out myself in the full length mirror.

I don't want to sound cocky but I looked real good and handsome. I came out of the closet, took my briefcase and headed to the dining for breakfast.

When I got there my parents were already seated with a steaming cup of tea in front of them and Evelyn was serving them breakfast which consisted of scrambled egg, sandwich and an apple. I sat as well and she served me too.

"Aren't you going to college today? I bet Eros won't mind dropping you off on his way to work" my mum asked Evelyn.

"I will start classes tomorrow but for today I am taking the day off" she replied my mum.

Good for her I thought to myself because I don't have the time to add school runs to my job description I thought to myself.

"The sandwiches are really nice, good job Evelyn" my dad complimented her.

For real my dad hardly compliments anyone except my mum. I haven't even heard words of compliments from my dad towards me after successfully landing deals in the company but just a mere sandwich has him complimenting her. I swear my hate for her just really grew.

"Mum...dad least I forget we will be moving to our place this weekend" I told my parents and the shock on their faces including that of Evelyn's was so worth it.

"But ...why?" My mum stuttered.
"We have enough rooms and spaces over here. You can have the privacy you need" my mum said trying to convince me.

"I am just starting my home with my wife and I would really love to build my home without your prying eyes and interferences you know what I mean" I told her. My mum looked to my dad expecting him to stop me.

"It's fine son, I totally understand what you mean" my dad said

"So have you found a place yet?" My dad asked me

"Yes dad, I have a Penthouse which is a 20 minutes drive from the company and 15 minutes drive to Evelyn's college". I replied him.

"The remodeling is done with the interior decoration, it's just the industrial cleaners that has a thing or two to do" I completed.

"I am really impressed son at how thoughtful you are of Evelyn's sake" he said taking a sip of his tea.

Atleast I have been able to get away from my parent's prying eyes so Evelyn just wait and see how unbearable I will make living with me be for you.

After I finished my breakfast, I stood up took my briefcase and left for work.

EVELYN'S POV

After I woke up this morning, I looked around and didn't see Eros anywhere and just then I heard the bathroom's shower running so I guessed he was having his bath which means he will be going to work then.

I checked the time and it was 6:30am I decided to hurry up from bed and go downstairs to prepare breakfast as the good daughter in-law that I am.

Honestly in my house and even during school days I don't wake up as early as this, sure married life isn't going to be an easy journey at all. When I got downstairs I equally saw Mrs Taylor coming down as well.

"I thought you were going to sleep in today, I bet yesterday night must have been really exhausting for the both of you " she said in a smiling tone

"It's actually fine , I wanted to prepare my first breakfast for the family " i told her.

"It is actually okay dear, you don't really have to. We are not that strict with all these traditions and whatnots" she said to me.

"Thank you ma'am, but I really want to do this" I still insisted.

"Okay then...but it is mum from now on and not ma'am okay" she corrected me

"Okay ma...mum" I said to her smiling shyly.

I prepared breakfast and just when I was serving Mr and Mrs Taylor Eros came in and sat as well so I equally served him.

Mum asked me if I was going to go to college today so that I could join Eros but I replied her no. The thought of being in the same car with Eros after how he treated me the last time in his car is not what I would love to experience again. I would rather crawl than drive with him again.

Just then dad complimented my sandwich and it made me happy that they liked it. I really feel happy and full when people enjoy the food I make. After that Eros dropped the next bomb that made me want to puke.

"Mum...dad least I forget we will be moving to our place this weekend", He said to his parents while looking at me and smirking.

Then and there I felt dread and a cold shiver run down my spine. What! I thought we were going to live with his parents atleast it would make this marriage bearable. He was avoiding his parents prying eyes and interferences but right now that was what I actually needed.

When mum tried to convince him I had a glimpse of hope but dad crushed it immediately. Just then he even revealed that he has found a place we were going to live. Eros is really going all out and I wished with all my might that I could atleast figure out what he is thinking.

I was still dazed in my thoughts when Eros finished his breakfast and headed out to work.