Chapter 48

EROS' POV

When the driver drove us home I was so quick to park the car at the garage and get inside to have the talk with Evelyn. Knowing Evelyn she wouldn't give me a chance to talk to her as soon as we get home hence I was rushing so that I could meet her before she enters her room. I quickly parked the car and rushed in the house to see Evelyn going up. A bit disappointed to see that she didn't wait for me but I quickly grabbed her hand and stopped her

"Please Evelyn just give me a few minutes let's talk I promise you won't regret this" I said to her waiting in anticipation.

"Fine...talk I'm listening" came her reply

"Don't you wanna sit?" I asked her because that way I would be able to stop her if she wants to make a run for it

"No...I prefer standing" she said

"Okay no problem at all. Uuhmm the truth is I am very sorry about what I said at the club, you didn't deserve any of those things" I said.

Oh God!! What was that. This isn't how I planned this at all but still I need to convey my feelings tonight.

"I have never trusted any woman ever in my life because they are all deceitful, gold digging bitches and please don't mind my language" I added. I am trying to convince her and not to make her think otherwise, damn it Eros get your acts together I scolded myself internally.

"No problem just go ahead" she replied me.

"Evelyn you are different", I continued

"I may not have noticed before and that's why I acted like a douche but I do now. Lately I am drawn to you and just can't get you out of my head. You are all I think of and lately that you have been avoiding me it was killing me slowly but I waited patiently for you because you are worth the wait" I said with beads of precipitation. Gosh that sounded so cliche. When I made the speech in my head on our way back it sounded better and a lot cooler than now.

"I guess all I am trying to say Evelyn is that I really like you and would want you to give this marriage a chance" I was still saying this when I got interrupted by her

"Shhhhhhhh...I get what you are saying" She answered me before pressing her lips on mine. At first I froze because the Evelyn I know would never initiate a kiss not even at gun point. It seems she realized what she just did and stopped the kiss abruptly. She looked at me and I couldn't read the emotions on her face. She started taking some steps back as if to run away and I will be a fool to let her do that so I grabbed her and reclaimed her lips. At first she wasn't responding to the kiss so I drew her closer to me from her waist and when she gasped probably by the sudden intimate contact I gained more entrance into her lips and kissed her sensually and mehn she tasted divine. I have kissed so many girls but none of them have come closer to what she tasted like. I felt euphoric like a bubble will burst in my belly when her tongue fought to dominate mine. We were still engrossed in the kiss till we started running out of breath so unfortunately we had to break off the kiss to catch our breath. After we broke off the kiss I couldn't get my eyes off of her because she looked so beautiful that I couldn't help but voice out what I did next.

"You look so beautiful and ravishing tonight" I said can't help but complimenting her which was something I should have done immediately I met her at the club instead of just going all judgy on her

"I was so jealous that other men could see how beautiful you are tonight" I said breathlessly because that's what she makes me feel not minding that I may sound possessive to her.

"Please babe stay with me tonight because I can't bear to stay away from you just for a minute" I pleaded and I prayed to the being up there that she wouldn't reject me because I cannot handle her rejection.

"Okay but aren't we taking things a little bit fast?" She asked me. Hell with fast this is the slowest I have been in wooing a woman

"Only just for tonight babe let me have you in my arms and from tomorrow we can go at your pace" I replied her instead. I guess she agreed because she didn't say anything else so I took her hand and we headed upstairs.

We got to her room door and she stopped abruptly and I gave her a look that said "why the hell are we stopping here"

"I need to have my bath and wash off these" she said pointing at her face. Oooh yeah the make up I totally forgot about that

"Okay I will be waiting for you" I told her leaving

"Uuuhmmmm...I think you should let go of my hand first" she said pointing at her hands that I was holding. I face palmed myself feeling embarrassed.

"I'm sorry about that" I stuttered letting go of her hand and headed to my room immediately feeling so embarrassed.

I got to my room and went to the bathroom to have my bath. Once I was done I put on my night wear and layed on the bed waiting for Evelyn.

After an eternity I heard a knock on my door, knowing it was Evelyn I told the person to come in. Evelyn came in and my breath hitched. I know I saw her just few moments ago but without make up she looked even more beautiful. Honestly I hope I make it through this night without doing anything that will jeopardise my effort in making her mine. I tapped on the bed beside me inviting her in and she came straight at me and layed down. I gathered her in my arms and laid her head on my chest. I caressed her hair and couldn't help inhaling her scent and she smelled very nice, vanilla scent I must say. Vanilla from henceforth will be my favourite flavour I made a mental note of that.

"You smell very nice" I told her truthfully

"Hmmmmm" she murmured 

I kissed her forehead and bid her goodnight. Yeah in as much as I would love to go down with her tonight I think it's best I respected her and went on a very slow pace, besides we have all the time in the world to do the stuff we want to do and explore each other to our hearts content. Her head on my chest gave me an inner peace I never thought existed and I fell into a deep slumber while inhaling her beautiful scent.