Chapter 58

EVELYN'S POV

It's been a month after Ethan's birthday and the incident that happened then had been forgotten. Ending of the month would be I and Eros one year anniversary. We really have come thus far and it would be one year together with him in a few weeks. I was so excited because given the beginning of this marriage I never knew we were gonna last this long though I wasn't really a fan of divorce. I have been making plans for our anniversary party. Its going to be something small just like our marriage. I would be inviting only Eros' parents, my dad and aunt, Ivan and Ethan so it's just a small gathering. Mum that is Eros' mum which I have been calling her now and Ethan will be helping me out with the planning. I didn't really want to ask Ivan for help before he will slip it infront of Eros.

Next week I have made plans with mum and Ethan to go shopping. Lately I have been feeling feverish and nauseous and it seems like my stomach is bloated and I equally find it difficult to keep food down. I have been hiding it from Eros because ever since we fell in love I got to figure out that my husband is a worry wart so I didn't want him to be worried. I will take time out this week to treat myself because the next few weeks will be hectic due to the anniversary party preparations.

I was writing out the list of what we will be shopping for next week when another nausea hit me. I rushed into the bathroom and threw up again for the second time. Mrs Teresa hasn't been around lately and I didn't want to call Eros. Ethan definitely will be at work and I am feeling so damn weak that I can't lift a finger and go to the hospital all by myself so I called mum. She picked immediately at the first ring

"Good morning mum" I said weakly

"Good morning my dear are you alright? You don't sound okay" she answered worriedly

"Mum please could you come to the house I don't feel too good. Could you as well don't tell dad because I don't want him to worry" I told her, knowing her she could burst through this door any minute with dad. She never keeps anything from him and they are so inseparable.

"Sure dear I will be there very soon" She said hanging up the call.

I went to have my bath and prepare so that we can head to the hospital as soon as she comes. Twenty minutes later I heard the door bell ringing so I carried my bag and some cash with me and went down at once. I opened the door and immediately mum rushed me

"Oh my dear how are you feeling? What's wrong with you? Do you have a fever? When was the last time you saw your period? How long has the fever lasted?" She asked me endlessly

"Woaw mum calm down" I said surprised at her outburst

"Just take a breather, do you need water I could get you some" I told her

"No my darling I think you need the water and food more than I do. You look so weak and pale what has been happening to you and isn't my son looking after you at all?" She asked checking me out.

"I brought food and you should have some before we head to the hospital" she completed

"Mum I can't keep anything down at the moment I think I will eat it later"

"Really dear, well when we get back you can eat all you want so for now let's head to the hospital" she said excitedly

For someone I just told I can't keep anything down she is far too excited. I followed her out and we entered the vehicle because the driver was waiting and we left. We got to the hospital and mum took me directly to the gynaecologist. According to her the hospital was affliated to them as well so we were able to meet with the doctor without prior appointment. We knocked and when we heard a come in we entered.

"Good morning Mrs Taylor you look so good. This must be your daughter in-law you told me about earlier"

"She is very beautiful as well. Good morning dear and how you? Please take a seat and don't mind my manners for keeping you standing" She greeted me politely and kindly.

"I'm fine and thanks for asking" I replied her

"So what are you symptoms?" She asked me directly

So that's how I narrated everything and how I was feeling to her and all these while mum was busy smiling and all excited. The gynaecologist took my blood samples to run some tests while I waited with mum. Few hours later the results came out and I discovered I was one week pregnant. When she announced the news to us mum was over the moon. She was so happy that she shed tears of joy. I on the other hand didn't know what I was feeling. I was nervous and happy as well. I didn't know how to break the news to Eros So that was all I could think about. After we left the hospital I told mum that I wanted to go home with her and stay for a few days. These days I haven't been really strong and I didn't want to break the news of the pregnancy to Eros yet so mum agreed.

"So when do you plan on telling him?" She asked me while we were on our way home

"I don't really have any major gift for our anniversary but I think the news of our baby will do just that on the anniversary day so please mum I am begging you with everything you hold dear don't tell anyone not even dad" I begged her

"I will try my best not to but darling this news is so exciting to keep to myself"

" Eros is a smart one and a worry wart so if I stay home he will definitely find out so I am staying with you for atleast a week so that I could gather my strength back" I told her

"Very well dear trust me to take good care of you" she said still happy.

"I trust you mum".

We got home and mum helped me to Eros room which is now ours whenever we visit. Once I have settled down I called Eros to tell him that I am at his parent's place and I will be staying there for a week. He wasn't really thrilled with the idea but when I told him I wasn't feeling too good and I needed mum to take care of me he reluctantly agreed. After the call I felt so exhausted and hungry but since I was too tired to go down and eat I decided to sleep off.