Chapter 52

EVELYN'S POV

After that day at Eros' office things has been going really smoothly between us. In as much as I have been trying to deny it to myself I think I have fallen in love with him and who wouldn't. Eros makes it very easy for someone to fall in love with him. After that day at his office when we got back he asked me to shift all my stuff into his room. When I tried to act as if I wasn't thrilled with the idea which I definitely was he practically threatened to tell my dad that 'his daughter has refused to fulfill her wifely duties to him on no grounds'. So I packed all my stuff and moved to his room. I guess his definition of baby steps is far fetched from mine. Ever since then we have been sleeping together though we haven't had sex yet. He tried to be as romantic as he could be any slightest chance he gets.

He makes breakfast for me in bed at times and is always on time for dinner in the evening. On Saturdays he works half day and the remaining time is for me. We either see movies, go on dates or visit his parents. Then at night we make out and at times it is so very heated and intense that I would want him to go all the way with me but he stops himself just in time and we cuddle or spoon till the next morning. Sometimes whenever I recall his first breakfast he served me on bed I couldn't help but laugh though I was moved by his thoughts. Like the saying goes it is only the thoughts that counts right.

So it was on a Sunday morning and Mrs Teresa by chance was running late and my darling husband decided to surprise me with a breakfast in bed. He woke me up and served me a tray of toasted bread, fried egg and tea. The toasted bread was looking well toasted and the egg wasn't looking bad either so I took a slice of the bread and ate from it. I took the fork cut some pieces of egg and put it in my mouth. As soon as I tasted it I wanted to throw it out but looking at my darling husband's face which was looking at me in anticipation to tell him how good his meal tasted I swallowed it with difficulty and the courage I could muster

"So babe how is it?" He asked me

"I know I may not be a cook but I have always excelled in anything I do even in things that I have not done before" he said confidently

"My darling hubby I think you are being overly confident this time around and you might not really excel in this one" I said to him still trying not to make him feel bad.

"Okay tell me honestly how is it, I am sure I can handle whatever you say" he told me

"Are you sure you want me to be real honest with you because for a first try you really tried though" I asked him again to be sure

"Yeah hit me with it" he said smiling confidently

"Okay then...firstly the bread is very well toasted but for the egg it is more like a fried salt with a pinch of egg. I mean babe I like you very much so there is no need for you to compete with Lot's wife in the bible I am totally yours okay. I told him plainly still patting his back and kissing his cheek to make my comment subtle.

I was about to dip my hand and collect the remnants of the bread and tea when he snatched the tray from me.

"There won't be need for you to feel that I am in a competition with Lot's wife over you so let me throw these away"  he said carrying the tray.

"Come on babe it hasn't gotten to that, I bet the fried salt I mean fried egg is edible with the bread and tea" I said standing up and going to collect the tray for him.

He can be such a baby sometimes, he was the one that wanted me to be honest with him and when I did he is singing a different tune. After collecting the tray from him I took it and ate the whole contents so that he wouldn't feel bad.

"For a plate of fried salt you sure did enjoy it a lot" he said sarcastically collecting the tray from me and heading down.

After that day he learnt how to make some breakfast from me and Mrs Teresa and right now I can proudly say that he is excelling in it.

It's been one month of bliss with Eros and finally it is also time for me to do my project defence. All these while Eros has been helping me with the oral part. He has been my judge whenever I practice the presentation. He points out my mistakes and shows me how to act and say some certain things. What can I say he has more experiences than I could ever have. At least he has done countless presentations before he became a CEO and I am sure now he is the one listening to those presentations. After he has guided me and put me through now I feel very confident that I  could do this and scale it.

A night before the D day I pleaded with him to be my judge one last time eventhough he looked very tired yet he agreed and that's why I love him. He does things for me even when he is at his worse. Did I just say 'love'? I have been having this internal battle with myself this past week over what I am feeling for my husband. I know its way past like but I am surprised how I could easily move on from my bestie and longest love. I even ask myself if what I felt for Ethan was truly love because most times it was just pure jealousy whenever he was with Maddison or not giving me attention. The last time that I blushed or felt my heart racing whenever Ethan looked at me was when I was eighteen so I am beginning to doubt if I ever did love him like I thought I did. After my rehearsals Eros assured me that I will do very well tomorrow and he promised to be there for me tomorrow when I am presenting. In our presentation outsiders and even our junior colleagues are allowed to come and watch us and not just the external supervisors so you can imagine why I have been a nervous wreck.

After the rehearsals I took my time to pack my stuff and slides that I will be using tomorrow. I equally packed the extra hard copy which I had after submitting the main one a week before because according to them the external supervisor has to go through our work and fish out questios for us and where we might have made mistakes before the main presentation. I brought out my clothes for tomorrow and once I was sure I have brought out everything I will be needing for tomorrow I slide in the bed and layed beside my husband.

"Come here" my husband said pushing me closer to him in a spooning manner

"You know I could never sleep well without you by my side" he murmured sleepily. What he didn't know is that it was the same for me too.