Chapter 45

EVELYN'S POV

The Uber dropped us in front of the club and we alighted down. The queue waiting in line to get into the club was very discouraging and trust me I wasn't really gonna stand in that queue to get into that club for anything or for anyone, in as much as I love Ethan I love myself more. Luckily for me or should I say for Ethan because I am only here for him anyways he took my hands and we bypassed the queue to get in through another entrance that had "VIP" boldly written on it. When we got to the entrance the huge bouncer standing on the door greeted Ethan in a friendly manner which means they either know themselves or he is a VIP regular. As soon as we entered the club I asked him because I was really surprised.

"I don't mean to complain or anything but are you a Vip regular here or do you know the huge guy outside?" I asked him

"Actually my cousin owns this place. You might have seen him a few times at my family house over the years" he answered

"And I may have actually been the one to help him set up this club using my technical know-how skills in business administration" he added winking at me.

"Whatever you say braggart" I replied him jokingly

"Come on... what drink would you have?" He asked me as soon as we got to the bar

"You choose for me besides you know my alcohol tolerance more than the bartender does" I said to him

"A glass of margarita for the lady and  negroni for me" he told the bartender. I looked around the club to have a very good look at it while we waited for our drinks. While looking around I noticed some of the guys eyeing me and I felt  disguted and uncomfortable with their shameless stares because I know what was going through their pea sized brains.

"Here is a glass of margarita for the very beautiful lady" the bartender said passing my drink to me

"Thank you" I gave him a small smile

"How are you liking the place?" Ethan asked me

"Well it's nice except for the guy's stares" I answered him shrugging

"Don't worry you will soon get used to the stares he said downing his glass of negroni in one gulp. Following his lead I downed mined too though it burned a little in my throat. After the drink I felt myself loosening up a little.

"Come on let's go to the dance floor" Ethan said dragging me to the dance floor and I followed him.

We started dancing to the beat the dj was hitting us with. I was swaying my hips to the rhythm of the beats and jumping when needed with Ethan behind me doing same. I was lost in the beats when I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned to see Ethan

"I will be right back I need a drink, so you want any?" He asked me shouting over the loud music

"Yeah and don't be long" I responded to him still dancing.

Immediately he left another guy from nowhere jumped in and started grinding on my ass. I turned to him and gave him a death glare before shifting and going over to another side. He followed me still smirking

"What do you want from me?" I shouted at him

"I don't know if you saw earlier but I am actually with someone" I told him off

"By someone you mean the guy over there hitting it off with the lady?" He asked me drunkenly still smirking

I could perceive the alcohol on him to know that he is deathly drunk so no talk of reason would actually work on him. Damn if I get Ethan I am so going to rip of his balls and feed it to the dogs for leaving me out here, a sexy sheep like me in a den of wolves. I left that same space and went to another to avoid the guy following me around and I looked at the bar and saw truly that Ethan was hitting it off with a lady at the bar. I thought of going over to the bar just to avoid this drunk lunatic but thought otherwise because I didn't want to interrupt whatever Ethan had  going on with the lady. He needs the distraction after what Maddison did.

This time around I wasn't dancing instead I was trying to avoid the drunk man and unluckily for me he got a hold of me and sneered in my ear I was trying my best to push him off when someone forcefully dragged him out of me. I turned to look at my savior and gasped when I found out it was none other than my husband Eros.

"Leave my freaking wife alone" He shouted snarling at the man. Just the death glare from Eros sent the man scrambling off immediately, good riddance I muttered to myself.

"And you what are you doing here dressed like this?" Eros asked me looking at me from my hair down to my toe or should I say black heels since that was what I had on my feet and man I was blushing hard under his intent gaze at me.

"I believe you have eyes and you can most certainly see" I retorted regaining my sanity after knowing that all I got out of him was only that comment and not even a compliment after I and Mabel's effort

"Drop the sass woman and answer me. You are a married woman for Christ sake so you shouldn't be seen in places like this dressed like that" He said to me and honestly I felt mad at his comment. Who was he to judge me and what did he mean by me dressed like that.

"You too you are a married man and neither should you been seen in places like these too. Just so you know because I am married to you does not mean that I should put my life on hold for you I am freaking 22 for fucks sake and nobody gave a cent about my idea on this marriage in the first place neither was I given a choice before it happened" I shouted angrily at him and started leaving because I may mistakenly leave my hand imprints on his face if I continue to stand there and listen to the nonsense he is spewing.  Immediately I left Eros ran after me trying to hold me back but I still left anyways till I was outside.

"Evelyn I am sorry I said that, honestly that came out wrong" He said to me as soon as he caught up with me once I reached outside.

We were outside now and the cold breeze blew to make me shiver a little. I guess he noticed because he removed the leather jacket he was wearing and draped it over me. I refused to take it because come on which young lady would easily take the jacket just like that after what he spewed earlier but he anyways forced the jacket on me and I left it like that. There was no need for me start a loosing battle

"Please Evelyn I am really very sorry okay. See let's just go home and talk it out I came with my car" He pleaded with me

"So that we can be pulled over and arrested for drunk driving right" I retorted reminding him neither the both of us were in a good state to drive

"I will call a designated driver" He replied to me before dialing a number on his phone. After the call we waited for some minutes before a man whom I guessed is the driver came and drove us home in Eros car.  While in the car I sent Ethan a text to let him know I was on my way home with Eros so that he could leave with whomever he was whenever he is ready.