Chapter 61

EVELYN'S POV

When Eros stormed in and caused the shocking disaster he did everyone was left astonished and wondering what his action was all about and what caused it. Eros' mum helped me to stand up and immediately I covered my stomach praying that nothing happens to my baby. I slowly walked back to the garden to see Ivan looking at the contents of the file Eros dropped with shock in his eyes.

I speedily walked up to him and took the contents and I gasped in shock. The file contained pictures of Ethan and I in compromising positions. There were pictures of us when we're sitting down at the school pavilion. When we were in the restaurant that I went to buy lunch for him and in that picture I leaned very close to Ethan while he held my hand. That was the day I was asking him about Emily after we went to the club. Then there was another picture of us which shocked me the most. This was taken on the day of Ethan's birthday when I went to his house. It was a picture of when Ethan mistakenly kissed me while Emily turned my head when playing the truth or dare game and the last picture there was the one when Ethan was holding my face tenderly and examining it at the shopping mall when the decoration kit fell on my head.

In the pictures it looked as if Ethan and I were intimate and anybody seeing the pictures would definitely misunderstand. After seeing the pictures it fell of my hand and my eyes became totally clouded with tears

"He got it all wrong those pictures isn't what it seems"

That's what I kept mumbling and muttering to myself until my knees became weak and buckling. I felt light headed and all of a sudden I slumped to the ground.

                           EROS' POV

All the time spent with my wife these past months has been total bliss. Indeed married life is very enjoyable and peaceful with the right partner. I always felt fulfilled and at peace whenever I was home with my wife. Infact Evelyn my wife was my peace.

Our one year anniversary was just few days away and I was still pondering on what to get her and how we would celebrate it. For a businessman who had innovative and creative billion dollar ideas I totally ran out of ideas on how to celebrate my wife in our auspicious day. After thinking and brainstorming I decided to take her out to dinner and thereafter we can go on a vacation afterwards to a place of her choice.

I told Ivan my idea and he said it was good but if I wait till evening to take her out to dinner then she would think I might have totally forgotten about the anniversary. He suggested I do something small in the morning before the main surprise so I heeded to his advice.

On the morning of our anniversary I woke her up with kisses on her forehead, eyes, nose and mouth.

"Good morning my angel and hope you slept well because today is going to be a beautiful day" I greeted her with my warmest smile and she greeted me back

"So what's happening today?" She asked me

Like for real did she just ask me that. How in the hell did she forget our one year anniversary. I didn't want that to get to me and ruin the day so I just let it slide

"If you don't remember then then it's no biggie I just have to remind you"

I stood up and went down to get the cake and lighted one candle on it signifying our one year. Then I took the white roses I prepared for her yesterday night and thank God it was still fresh and scenting nice. I put the note that I finally choose after writing hundreds and tearing them apart because they didn't sound good to me. I climbed up with the roses in my hand which I hid at my back and the cake in the other hand.

She sat up when she saw me come in and when I got close to her I handed her the flowers. She took it from me and when she saw the note she took it out and read it silently. After reading a tear slipped out of her eyes and she hugged me sniffing.

"I am so happy being with you too. This decision of getting married to you has been the best decision and greatest gift my mum has given to me" she kissed me and hugged me again but this time more tightly as if I would vanish

"Baby this is a happy moment so no crying okay" I shushed her

"These are just tears of joy so it's allowed right"

I broke the hug so that we could cut the cake since the candle was burning out already. We made our wishes first before we cut the and when I asked her what her wish was she refused to tell me saying she didn't want to jinx it.

After cutting the cake we ate some parts of it before keeping the rest in the refrigerator. Thereafter we had our bath together which as expected ended in an intense love making session to start off the anniversary. I dressed for work and left for the company happy because the day was turning out much better than I had anticipated.

I got to work and as usual my assistant brought in my daily dose of coffee and then read out my schedule for the day. I told her to leave from 2pm empty so that it could give me ample time to sort some things out. Also Ivan has been bugging me since yesterday to go to my parent's house today that it was very urgent and I would regret it if I didn't.  So I decided to leave by 2pm, go to my parents house then have enough time to plan for the evening with Evelyn.

I was working till around 1:30pm when my assistant brought in a file that supposedly was for me. I opened the file and saw pictures of my wife and her bestfriend. Now the thing is the positions they were in aren't positions that a married bestfriend will stay with her single bestfriend. Worst of it all was a picture of them kissing and if I remember vividly that picture must have been taken on the night of Ethan's birthday. When I saw this I was mad, I wanted to march up to Ethan's cubicle and deal with him but I decided against it.

From the times I have known Evelyn I know she isn't capable of cheating so I decided to verify the authenticity of the pictures first because probably it might be photoshoped. I left the office and went to one of my friend who is into private investigations. I explained everything to him and he took the pictures to have them tested.

It's been over 30mins he left and I kept waiting, agitated and nervous. If the pictures were real how was I supposed to act and live with myself from now on. These thoughts kept going through my mind till my friend came back and told me that the pictures were 99.9% authentic. I gathered the pictures and drove home first.

The house was empty and Evelyn was no where in sight. I called her out but there wasn't any response. I reached out to my pocket to find my phone but it wasn't on me so I left and went to my parents house. I went to the living room there wasn't anyone there but I could here some shushing and shuffling sounds from the garden so I went straight to the garden.

I stormed into the garden and when I saw the Ethan guy I charged at him. I grabbed him by the collar and landed a punch on him

"I have told you to stay fucking away from my wife" I gritted my teeth

I looked over and saw Evelyn and all I could feel was digust so I threw the file at her

"I always thought you were different but now I know you all are the same" I spat out

I kicked down all the decorations because there was nothing to celebrate and stormed out. Evelyn chased after me and when she got to me I merely looked at her before pushing her because her touch burned me and I left without looking back.