Chapter 43

EROS' POV

I was kinda excited as I was preparing to go home. "Home" eventhough it sounded foreign I still loved the way it sounded to me. What can I say, I have a home now and my wife too which I didn't believe I would have after witnessing what my brother Everest went through in his past relationship. I stopped trusting women entirely and just used them for my pleasure since they wanted me too simply for my money so it was a win - win situation. After packing my work bag and laptop I headed to the garage whistling. It was a happy day after all putting Claire in her place after the so called scandal wasn't really an easy feet. As I got out of the elevator I checked the time excited to meet Evelyn and it was 8pm then which means all of the employees have left. I am always the last one to leave because being the boss isn't really easy.

I got home and the living room was dark. I was kinda disappointed because I thought Evelyn and I had bonded over the last dinner we had so maybe having dinner and breakfast from now on together won't really be bad right. I looked over the dinning table I saw a plate of food covered. Maybe she was too hungry that she could wait up for me I thought. I went to the dinning and uncovered the food and saw it was pasta and chicken, I closed it back and headed up to freshen up. When I got to her door I had to restrain myself from opening her door and going in to check on her. After my sense of reasoning won I left and headed to my room. After freshening up I laid on my bed and slept loosing my appetite for dinner.

I woke up the next morning too and there was no Eveyln neither was there any breakfast so I left for work cranky. When I got to work I first stopped at Ivan's office because I needed to vent.

"Good morning lover boy" Ivan teased me as soon as I entered his office

I glared at him first before taking a seat and sighing as I sat down

"Wooah who riled you up this morning?" he asked me this time around

"I think Evelyn is avoiding me" I responded

"Avoiding you, how? Is it because of the interview. I mean isn't it a good thing that you cleared up the whole misunderstanding of the scandal in the interview" he asked yet again confused.

"So I thought but someone seems to think otherwise" I replied in a sour mood

"Anyways how did you come up with the conclusion that she is avoiding you. I mean just yesterday you were all smiley that you went out on a date with her right?" Ivan asked again. What's with him and all these questions. I just need someone to reassure me that all is good with Evelyn and I.

"When I got home yesterday night she has already retired to her room and this morning I woke up earlier than usual to match up with her breakfast time and she was no where to be found too" I answered him

"She must be pretty busy you know her finalist exam is coming up in a month's time so I guess she is busy with her studies and wouldn't want any distraction" he gave me a reassuring answer finally

"Uummh should I be bothered? I mean how do you know my wife's schedule more than I do?" I asked him eyeing him as well

"Shut up, you know her bestfriend is our employee and if you were close to him you would know all about your wife" he taunted me

"And Why should I get close with my rival in love?" I asked him looking at him as if he just popped out a second head

"And I thought you were a smart ass CEO" he said giving me an eye roll

" I mean how would you have gotten this far without me anyways. Here is one advice my little friend keep your friends close and your enemies closer" he said relaxing on his chair while giving me a smirk

"Oh trust me my dear friend there is nothing little about me not even Eros junior" I replied him standing up and winking to him.

"Keep those information to yourself and get off my office before I drag out your sass ass" he retorted

I left Ivan's office and went to mine feeling a lot better. I equally came to a decision to leave her for the rest of her exams so that she would concentrate but after that I am so not giving her a breathing space.

For the rest of the month I didn't need to do much in giving her space because she perfectly avoided me on her own but on the day of her first exam I didn't give her the slightest chance to avoid me. As soon as Mrs Teresa came in to make breakfast because she was back now I rushed to meet her and pleaded with her to stall my wife just for today. I rushed up to have my bath and prepare for work  so that I would come down for breakfast and leave with Evelyn. And lucky me I was in the breakfast table just in time to see Evelyn coming down to have her breakfast. This was me getting a glimpse of her for a month, she really lost a ton of weight but that didn't affect her beauty in anyway. She must have really worked her ass of with studying because there were slight bags under her eyes.

When our eyes locked for a second I knew she hesitated whether to have her breakfast or not but I hoped that she did. Fortunately she sat down and ate her food after Mrs Teresa served hers . Once she was done she thanked Mrs Teresa and stood up to leave after putting her dishes in the dishwasher and I immediately stood up with her too.

"I will drop you off, come on let's go" I said to her waiting for her by the door

"You don't really have to trouble yourself I can manage" She replied me

"I insist besides your school is on the way to my workplace so it's not any troubles at all" I persuaded her.

Honestly the girl could be difficult at times. I mean practically any girl would jump on my offer to drop her off but I think it is high time I realized that she isnt just any girl. I noticed her resolve fall so she gave in to me. The drive to her school was silent and I was itching to ask her about her studies and how she was doing but I held myself back.

I got to her school and drove straight to her department since I have been to this school several times so I know my way around and she didn't seem surprised that I located her department easily though. I dropped her off in front of her department and before she could step down I held her back.

"Wait " I said hesistantly. I took out my lucky pen from the car pigeon hole and handed it to her.

"This is my lucky pen and I used it most times during my exam or whenever I want to sign a deal so it is tested and trusted" I said giving it to her.

"You really didn't have to since it means so much to you" She replied to me staring at the ball pen in her hand and I just hoped she would just shut up for once and take it. I don't like it whenever she rejects anything from me or my offer of help.

"Thank you so much and I will make sure to return it once I am done" She said

"Goodluck on your exam and I know you will do good" I told her lastly as she stepped down from the car. Once I made sure she has entered her department I drove off as well to work feeling a little bit pleased with myself.