Chapter 36

EVELYN'S POV

I woke up the next morning after dozing off while working on some of my unfinished projects and assignments. I noticed something odd, my books weren't on the bed when I woke up but I am definitely sure I left them on the bed while working on them and equally I had a duvet draped over me when I know I didn't sleep in one. I was still in my confused state when I noticed the room I was in. This doesn't look like my room at all and that's when it dawned on me that I am no longer at home but rather in Eros' Penthouse. For now it feels weird referring to Eros' house as mine or ours.

I got up from the bed and made the bed. I went into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I was half way through when my stomach growled. I ate an early dinner last night so I decided to feed myself first before preparing for school. I went downstairs to the kitchen, fried some eggs, toasted three slices of bread and heated up a cup of milk to go with it. I wondered if Eros was up because from the condition I woke up this morning it was obvious he came back last night and he came into my room, covered me up and picked up my books. I contemplated whether to make breakfast for him as well but decided against. I will just have my breakfast as quietly as possible, prepare for school and leave before he wakes up.

I took my seat at the dinning with my breakfast on the table and phone in hand browsing through some celebrity gossips when I saw a photo of Eros and the young girl I saw him with at the Penthouse 2 months ago with the headline "LOVE IN PARADISE, BILLIONAIRE BACHELOR EROS SOON TO BE HOOKED BY HOT SHOT MODEL CLAIRE and my blood boiled. Way to go Eros talk about respecting each other but this is on another whole level. I was still boiling in anger when Eros rushed down the stairs asking me to drop my phone but too late because I have seen it all. I gave him a look that suggested come any closer and die. He took a step back the closer I got.

"How could you? After we agreed not to disrespect each other but you went national with yours" I  said to him in a deathly tone I could muster

"Evelyn calm down its not what you think let me explain" He tried telling me reading out the popular line every guy says when they are caught. Atleast he could have done better I thought to myself

"And you expect me to believe you?" I can see the photographs clearly. How you held her hand and even opened the car door for her" I said grimly something he hasn't ever done for me since we got married. Don't get me wrong I am not jealous or anything

"I may be so many things but I am definitely not a liar and for the record I wasn't holding her hand it's more like I was dragging her out of my company" He said more like stated but what difference does it make because from the picture it looked like couples holding hands and not of one being dragged.

"You can humour me all you want but I am so done with this " I said finally trying to leave but Eros stopped me by holding me back

"Please believe me its not what you think. I was really done with her when we got married"  He told me sounding desperate for me to believe him.

"Yet you brought her to our home 2 months ago drunk and reeking of alcohol" I reminded him insuinating that I don't believe him. I released my hands from his hold and went up.

I got to my room and quickly rushed into the bathroom to have my bath and prepare for school. The last thing I need right now is to see his face after what I just read. I was in the bathroom and held the hand that Eros was holding when he tried to stop me. I could still feel the tingles where his hand held mine. I brushed off the feelings that wanted to creep up and had my bath. After I was done with bathing I prepared for school and quietly left in order not to be noticed by Eros.

I got to school around 8am and my classes weren't starting for an hour later so I decided to sit at the college pavilion and wait before heading to my department once it's time for my lectures. I was going through my work when I heard people talking about Eros and his scandal. Some gushed at how handsome he was and how he and Claire were a perfect fit while others said Claire was only after his money and didn't deserve him. Looks like the peace and quiet I was looking for was far fetched from me. I was beginning to get uncomfortable and their comments were getting to me so I stood up to leave when I was interrupted.

"Hey...you are Evelyn Carter right?" A voice asked me. I looked up to see a fine young man staring right back at me

"And you are?" I asked him

"Cayden Peterson and the Cayden is with a C and not a K" he said smiling

"Uummh sorry for asking have we met before because you look kinda familiar" I asked him. He gasped with a fake hurt

"Oh my God I can't believe you just said that, I mean we are in the same department and in the same year so I can't believe you just said that" he ranted

"I'm so sorry if I hurt your feelings but trust me I don't know half of our coursemates if that will make you feel any better" I told him

"Nah its all good besides I transferred into our department in our second year" he said

"I haven't been seeing you and your boyfriend together lately are you guys no longer together?" He asked me seriously. I choked on my spit when I heard the word boyfriend

"Boyfriend? I don't have a boyfriend" I told him confused as to whom he would have mistaken as my boyfriend

"Well there's this guy I normally see you with like all the time so I just assumed you guys were going out " he said frankly. It then dawned on me that he might be speaking of Ethan

"Ooh you mean Ethan...no we are not going out just besties since childhood" I cleared him on my relationship with Ethan.

We were still talking when my alarm blared indicating that it was 8:50am and time for me to head to class so we headed their together since we are going to the same direction. I was still in class when I got a text message from Eros' mum telling me to come to the mansion right away with Eros. I still had a few minutes remaining before the end of class so I decided to stay till the end before heading out. Once the class ended I left for the mansion and what was on my mind all along was how to get this charade of a marriage I have with Eros ended as soon as possible. I am very sure this wasn't what my mum hand in mind while marrying me off to him.