Chapter 37

EVELYN'S POV

I got to the Taylor's mansion just in time for lunch. The butler hurriedly opened the door for me as soon as he saw it was I and he greeted me courteously as well which I replied him in the same manner. I went inside and saw Eros' parents seated already at the dinning with the lunch being served.

"Welcome darling you are here already" Mrs Taylor greeted me standing up to give me a hug. She kept looking behind me probably she was expecting someone else too.

"Uhhhm... Evelyn love did you come alone? I thought you were coming with your husband " she asked me taking back her seat

"I did come alone, I had classes this morning so I just came from school" I answered her

"It's alright we will just wait for Eros then" she said frantically tapping her fingers on the table and all these while Eros' dad hasn't said anything

Some few minutes later Eros came in and  joined us and his presence in the room made it very awkward for me.

"I can see you took your time to come after reading my text" Mr. Taylor asked Eros while dropping the paper he has been reading since I came

"I had some paper work I needed to finish up and sign urgently before coming" he answered his father confidently. The stares the two men were giving themselves thickened the air in the room and even made it more awkward than it already was and thank God for Mrs Taylor's timely intervention

"Come on honey let's have our lunch first before it gets cold and then later we will have Eros explain what brought about that headline this morning" Mrs Taylor said

As you can guess we had the rest of the lunch in thick silence just the sound of the cutleries coming in contact with the plates was the only sound that could be heard. After the lunch Mr Tyalor asked us all to join him in his study. His study was very spacious and scantily had shelves in it. There were three couches and a reading table with the accompanying chair. I and Eros sat on one of the couch which is directly opposite to the one that Eros' parents were sitting on.

"So give us a detailed and explicit explanation of how that headlines came about that you wanted to ruin this family's reputations for" Mr Taylor said to Eros

So Eros recounted his story with the girl Claire. Starting from the moment they met till date.

"That is what happens when you decide to start hooking up with random irresponsible young girls. This situation could have been totally avoided if you had found yourself a decent girl to date" Eros' father scolded him.

"I think we are ignoring the obvious question here. Since things turned out this way what are we going to do to sort out this whole thing and you all know that Eros marriage with Evelyn wasn't made public so they don't know about her" Mrs Taylor said addressing the main issue that everybody was ignoring or rather avoiding.

"There is equally an obvious solution to that" Mr. Taylor answered

"Which is?" Mrs Taylor asked her husband hurriedly

"Making their marriage known to the public and netizens while strongly
refuting the headlines and if possible suing the reporter that started this for defamation" Mr Taylor answered like a typical businessman

"I'm sorry but we cannot do that" Eros said almost immediately his dad completed his statement

"But why son? That seems like the best solution to this so why won't you take it?" His mum asked him

"I just don't want to make my relationship or marriage with Evelyn known yet and don't worry I will find another means to solve this without ruining the family's reputation" he said with a tone suggesting that he won't talk about it anymore

When I heard Eros refuse his dad's idea so fast I felt pained. In as much as I wasn't really okay with the idea but him vehemently disagreeing sounded like he was embarrassed to show the world that I am his wife and it really hurt me a bit but I masked my emotions like I always do.

"Since you don't want to buy my idea then handle it on your own and make sure this doesn't repeat itself again and though your marriage is a secret atleast have the decency to honour it" Eros dad completed before leaving us in his study.

"And mum one more thing I would appreciate it if you and dad will let us handle any issues that comes out from our marriage, we don't need any third party interference in it" he told his mum

" We will be on our way then" he said lastly standing up and leaving too. Indeed the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. There isn't much difference in the attitude of the father and son duo.

I said a proper goodbye to Mrs Taylor before leaving as well because Eros was my only ride home. The drive home was as awkward and silent as fuck.

                         ****
EROS' POV

After I left the company I headed to my parent's mansion. When I got there Evelyn was there with my parents and they were all waiting for me. My dad wanted to start ripping me off with questions because to him the family reputation mattered a lot just like the
company and everything else he holds dearly but thank God mum caught him off immediately and we had the most awkward lunch ever.

After the lunch dad took us to his study and had me explain everything which I did and then he suggested that ridiculous idea of his. In as much as his idea would have been the most perfect solution to this I would rather not take it. Don't get me wrong I do not feel embarrassed about my marriage with Evelyn. Infact she is the only different woman that I know and would ever want to marry again and that is one of the reasons I don't want to do what dad suggested.

Revealing our marriage will not only disrupt Evelyn's peace but will equally disrupt her life, because it will drag the reporters and paparazzi into the littlest things she does plus her schooling and all the attentions will be solely focused on what she does and how she acts and I bet people will go deeper into digging up her past and the rest and that's the least thing I wanted for her so I refused dad's suggestion immediately. I equally told mum to keep off in my marriage with Evelyn so that we can sort out things between us before we left.

The ride home was awkward and silent. I had so many thoughts going on in my mind before a thought came into my mind. There is this channel that has been contacting me for an interview and I have been putting them off, now I think it is the right time for me to accept that interview of theirs because surely they will bring up the scandal with Claire and that will be the perfect opportunity to deal with this in my own way.

I drove speedily home and went into my study. I contacted my assistant and had her set up the interview with the channel for tomorrow. The earlier I sort this thing out the earlier we get on with our lives. Anytime I get closer in resolving things with Evelyn something comes up to take us 50 steps back but this time around I won't give room for such.